IMPORTANT Brasil airport flight restrictions on JAN 2/24

Old Aug 10, 2023, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lost it all and don't care

https://g1.globo.com/rj/rio-de-janei...o-galeao.ghtml

Effective January 2nd 2024.

In english.....basically........flights from SDU (Santos Dumont) in Rio de Janeiro, and CGH (Congonhas) in Sao Paulo will no longer fly anywhere in Brasil (for example to GIG, BSB, BSV, and GRU, etc, etc, like they currently do) except between each other's airports now (CGH-SDU) with one nominal exception......you can still fly from CGH to VIX (Vitoria) for now. SDU was getting too popular for it's own good (and if you've flown thru there you know why, it's awesome) which meant it was incurring a lot of delays due to volume, and Galeao was slowly dying as a result, with only a 20% capacity usage at present.

They may add SDU flights to BSB (Brasilia) next year again, however, I guess it depends how bad and how loud the politicos in BSB squeal. Gotta have your weekend vacations in Rio as easy to transit as possible you know.

What does this mean for us ?

Well, hopefully no more "airport change" itineraries.........not that I mind, but, on Friday at rush hour it's hell trying to go from CGH to GRU in an Uber to make a connection (it can be 45 minutes or three hours, depends neh ?)......KKKKKKKK. Awaiting a call back from AC on this as I type to make a change actually..
AchillesD likes this.

Last edited by KDS777; Aug 10, 2023 at 6:10 pm
Old Aug 11, 2023, 4:56 am

And the good news is that a bullet-proof wall will be built on the road to GIG so that the ongoing war in the slums will not inconvenience passengers.

https://www.band.uol.com.br/rio-de-j...ortes-16623751
Old Aug 14, 2023, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Has Chicago built one yet ?
chokeman likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by KDS777
Has Chicago built one yet ?
A weak joke but also proves you don’t know anything about Chicago (there is no dangerous area along the highways from either of Chicago's airports). Let’s all stop parroting things talking heads from either side of the political spectrum try to throw at us ok?
Old Aug 20, 2023, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

What took you so long kkkkkkk.

Actually, I've been to Chicago for weeks at a time for work. It doesn't matter where the "problem" is in any city either, be it a highway, or the downtown core.

Have you ever missed the turnoff to ORD on the freeway when arriving from the north ? You don't end up in a happy place, to put it bluntly. The theme from Cops started playing in my head.

I won't post the hundreds of non-political street walking videos from YT about the utter degradation of American cities to make the point in rebuttal to boboqui, for it's not necessary, as you all live it on a daily basis.

Anyways, back to the thread. AC was able to rebook my January SDU-CGH flight with a 3 hour connection time at rush hour, to another Latam GIG-GRU flight for no charge, due to the government mandated change I posted above. Had to HUCA three times though before I got an agent who wasn't quoting from a policy manual.

Reading Brasilian media gives me the impression the people are not happy with this new rule either. Personally I love SDU.

Last edited by KDS777; Aug 20, 2023 at 12:23 pm
Old Aug 21, 2023, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by KDS777
Have you ever missed the turnoff to ORD on the freeway when arriving from the north ? You don't end up in a happy place, to put it bluntly. The theme from Cops started playing in my head.
just stick to Brazil because you clearly don’t know anything about chicago
Old Aug 21, 2023, 5:19 pm

chicago crime rate - Google Search

With a crime rate of
33 per one thousand residents, Chicago has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 31.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by boboqui
chicago crime rate - Google Search

With a crime rate of
33 per one thousand residents, Chicago has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 31.
source neighborhoodscout.com. Really, is that the kind of research people do? Turn off your tvs and get off your socials and see the world with your own eyes people…
Old Aug 23, 2023, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Esmjb
source neighborhoodscout.com. Really, is that the kind of research people do? Turn off your tvs and get off your socials and see the world with your own eyes people…
I’d rather eat. I haven’t been to Chicago in 40 years but I miss the Italian beef and Gino’s East deep pan pizza.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.