Wiki Posts
Search

? on new Azul flight from Foz do Iguaçu-IGU to Montevideo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2022, 10:43 am
Original Poster

? on new Azul flight from Foz do Iguaçu-IGU to Montevideo

The website aviacionline.com published the following on September 30, 2022:

Azul Linhas Aéreas will operate flights between Foz do Iguaçu and Montevideo starting December 20th. Both cities will be connected again after more than 8 years

Azul is currently selling tickets for this flight and and it would be perfect for a January 2023 trip I'm planning. My concern is because it's a new flight (in essence) does it stand any greater chance of being cancelled than an established flight would? I worry that because it's new, Azul might discontinue it early on.

Thanks for any advice you can give me
Old Nov 6, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Your guess is as good as anyone's.

Azul is launching the flight in the southern hemisphere high season.

Uruguayans will be look looking to go to Brazil/ Argentina to see the Iguazu Waterfalls.

And Brazilians and Argentine residents of Misiones province will be looking at vacation time in Montevideo and Punta del Este.

Just noticed that LATAM is relaunching their Foz to Lima flight that has been canceled during the pandemic.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malagajohn
Your guess is as good as anyone's.

Azul is launching the flight in the southern hemisphere high season.

Uruguayans will be look looking to go to Brazil/ Argentina to see the Iguazu Waterfalls.

And Brazilians and Argentine residents of Misiones province will be looking at vacation time in Montevideo and Punta del Este.

Just noticed that LATAM is relaunching their Foz to Lima flight that has been canceled during the pandemic.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks, especially for pointing out the potential market for the flight.
malagajohn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.