Wiki Posts
Search

GIG Rio Airport Transfer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2021, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
GIG Rio Airport Transfer

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. For various reasons, I am travelling to EZE via a quite joyful Avios routing that gives me a night in Rio.

I am staying at Cocopacabana, having not quite appreciated when I booked the likely airport transfer cost. We have a significant amount of luggage (6-8 cases all told).

What is the best way of doing the Transfer with a nice balance of cost and comfort? Uber Black is showing 80 BRL (13/14 USD). Will that be suitable for 2 people and that number of cases?

The online radio car and private transfer services is showing fares of 100-160 USD so quite a difference.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:08 am

I don’t think it’ll all fit in a car, store the luggage at the airport and Uber to Copacabana.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 1:37 pm

The luggage storage is called Malex, it is on the left side after exiting from the secure area.
flatdawgs and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 4:36 pm

There's a taxi desk and they typically can get you a minivan or larger car. It would be more expensive than uber but not by that much I suspect.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Uber Black won't work. You will get a smallish vehicle that might accept 2-3 bags. Many vehicles in Brasil use natural gas which means a large tank will take up about 1/3 of the carge space.

You'll need to pay up or store it.

Last edited by KDS777; Jan 7, 2022 at 4:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.