Reload this Page >

Covid-19 PCR test to Brazil

Old Feb 2, 21, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, A3 Gold, BA Silver

Dear FlyerTalkers

I am flying to Brazil soon and trying to find some informations about PCR test required to entry Brazil.

12. 2. 10:00am CET I would get tested for PCR with document stating I can travel
13. 2. 02:00am CET I would get tested antigen to be able to board KLM flight via AMS
13. 2. 06:15am - 12:15pm PRG-AMS-BCN with KLM, PNR XXX111
13. 2. 02:55pm CET boarding a flight in BCN-CDG with final destination GRU via Mexico City PNR YYY222
15. 2. 03:00am CET take off MEX-GRU
15. 2. 01:00pm CET landing GRU (still PNR YYY222)

So I will be landing in Brazil 3 hours after that 72-hours period from taking the test. I could not get proper answer If I am going to be let into country with that test or not. From what I heard AF checks the test on first airport you begin your journey, in that case that would be BCN so still good but AF isn't sure. Latam website states the same what I heard from an employee of AF (thought this isn't LA ticket and different staff may have different approach).

I will definitely not be able to take test again in BCN. I have about 14 hours in MEX tho...but will have to do test again in GRU a four days later when flying home so ideally I would avoid testing in foreign countries as much as I can.

What do you think of arriving to GRU 75 hours I got tested?
Old Feb 2, 21, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
To be clear, the 72 hours runs from the "moment of boarding" and has nothing to do with when one arrives in Brazil. If you are flying AAA-BBB-Brazil, I suspect that you will be held to the 72 hours at both AAA and BBB.
Old Feb 2, 21, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT GOLD, RC PLAT PREM
They won’t ask you for your test results at GRU.
Old Feb 3, 21, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by anaggie View Post
They won’t ask you for your test results at GRU.
Yes, this is clear to me...I heard that. My thing is, only check at BCN or also in MEX?
Old Feb 3, 21, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT GOLD, RC PLAT PREM
Originally Posted by 747jetter View Post
Yes, this is clear to me...I heard that. My thing is, only check at BCN or also in MEX?
Brazil entry:
  • In the event of travel to Brazil with connections or stopovers where the traveler remains in a restricted area of ​​the airport, the seventy-two hour period applies for prior to boarding the first flight of the trip.

It seems to me that as long as you stay in the restricted side in MEX and your trip is one single continuous flight on one PNR — I think they would do the check in BCN and not in MEX.
747jetter likes this.
Old Feb 3, 21, 8:30 am
Suspended

I suspect that the carrier will do a document check at the gate for each leg. Often these checks are repeated simply because people manage to lose documents and it falls on the last delivering carrier to have checked them.
Old Feb 3, 21, 9:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan
If I may chime in, we are flying Cun-Den-Yyc. After lots of reading the fine prints, I am finding our 72hr test will need to be in that window before boarding in Den and then into Canada.
Old Feb 3, 21, 1:19 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by anaggie View Post
Brazil entry:
  • In the event of travel to Brazil with connections or stopovers where the traveler remains in a restricted area of ​​the airport, the seventy-two hour period applies for prior to boarding the first flight of the trip.

It seems to me that as long as you stay in the restricted side in MEX and your trip is one single continuous flight on one PNR — I think they would do the check in BCN and not in MEX.
MEX does international transfers like the US. Enter Mexico and then go back through security. The 72 hours should be counted back from the MEX-GRU flight.
Old Feb 3, 21, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Milkman670 View Post
If I may chime in, we are flying Cun-Den-Yyc. After lots of reading the fine prints, I am finding our 72hr test will need to be in that window before boarding in Den and then into Canada.
You will need to qualify for entry to the US as well as Canada and you should expect your carrier to check documents & test results for both US & Canada at CUN and then again for Canada at DEN. Remember that the US rule is not 72 hours, but 3 calendar days. That is potentially helpful.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: