Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Quarantine on arrival in Brazil from U.K. ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2020, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Hi All, has anyone flown to Brazil yesterday from the U.K.? There are some confusing (as always) reports in the Brazilian press that the Ministry of Health has introduced a ten day isolation for the U.K. arrivals (link below, sorry it’s in Portuguese). I cannot find an official statement but am seeing similar articles across the different papers. The headlines tend to say “must isolate” or “need to isolate”, but when you read the text it only talks about recommendations by the Health Ministry.

I have a flight on the 26th and won’t go if there is isolation...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/saude...0003560926.amp

many thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2020, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dove777
Hi All, has anyone flown to Brazil yesterday from the U.K.? There are some confusing (as always) reports in the Brazilian press that the Ministry of Health has introduced a ten day isolation for the U.K. arrivals (link below, sorry it’s in Portuguese). I cannot find an official statement but am seeing similar articles across the different papers. The headlines tend to say “must isolate” or “need to isolate”, but when you read the text it only talks about recommendations by the Health Ministry.

I have a flight on the 26th and won’t go if there is isolation...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/saude...0003560926.amp

many thanks!
I only comment generally. First, you should go here, which will (or should) alert you to all notices in effect at the time of travel. It is used by at least all of the US airlines. Also, it usually updates in 24-48h from a country's published notice. I say usually since it's been 6d and still pending on Brasil's 12/17 guidance (which will not apply to you if flying on 12/26).

Second, different cities and states are doing it differently. I have a buddy in FLN who told me that FLN issued a 10pm curfew. A city next door has much more lax standards. My point is that you need to look at a wealth of info.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 11:13 am

Updated Guidance

Quoting:

Effective December 25, international flights to Brazil originating in or passing through the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland are prohibited on a temporary basis.Foreign travelers who are coming from or passing through the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the last fourteen days will not be permitted to embark on flights to Brazil.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.