Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

How long to allow for a "Do it myself" INTL->Domestic Connection at GRU?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long to allow for a "Do it myself" INTL->Domestic Connection at GRU?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2020, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zip10001
Booked on AA flight 929 from Miami to GRU in business.
scheduled to land 8.10am

LATAM has a flight GRU-SDU at 9.20am
would I make it?
if not, would I be rebooked onto the next LATAM flight at 12.05pm?

thanks
I came in to GRU this past Thursday on a UA flight arriving nearly the same time as your AA option. Wound up saying in Sao Paulo because the client flipped the schedule on me so I didn't actually try a DIY connection but customs was super fast -- came out of business class on the UA flight and basically didn't stop moving until I got to the Immigration booth (the only person in front of me in the "foreigners" queue was long gone by the time I got to the end.

Baggage claim on the other hand was painfully slow -- maybe it's just UA's ground handler but it was probably 40 minutes before the first "Priority" tag came out (lots of non-priority bags started showing up at about 20-25 minutes). Even if it was a single ticket/through checked you do have to claim and recheck your luggage as part of the immigration/customs process

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.