Wiki Posts
Search

Short Connection in GRU

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam
Short Connection in GRU

I am flying from Brazil with a connection in GRU to London via Amsterdam. I am flying Gol to GRU and then I have 1hr 25 mins connection in GRU to catch KLM flight to Amsterdam. I have contacted the Air France KLM platinum Call Center and they have told me that i need to check-in again in Sao Paulo regardless of my boarding pass being issued for all 3 flights by Gol in Goiania (departure airport). Until now I did not have this kind of issue but getting from T2 in GRU to T3 check-in desk takes a lot of time (around 15 mins at least). Did someone experience the same kind of problem? I flew 20times up to now with connection in GRU and just once I had to go to the check-in desk to change my BPs and this was happening with Tap.

Thank you in advance!
Miki
Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Can't speak to the carriers you are using, but when I have made a connection at GRU and have had the boarding pass issued at original point of departure, I could change to the preferred boarding pass at the gate. The original boarding pass was sufficient to go thru security between the terminals. Does KLM let you exchange boarding passes at the gate?
Also, a month or so ago it was mentioned in a thread that the walkway between T2 and T3 was closed and the person had to go land side. Don't know if that is still the case, but if so may cause you additional delay.

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Just went thru GRU on 12/18, international to domestic. Noticed when in T-2 that the walkway between T-2 and T-3 appeared to be open again.

Last edited by qfrodo; Dec 19, 2018 at 12:30 pm Reason: Added info on walkway
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam
I was lucky this time, flight arrived on time at GRU T2. I used the mobile BP of KLM to get to T3 without exiting the terminal. Everyhing went smoothly.

Miki
qfrodo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.