Community
Wiki Posts
Search

attending a concert in Brazil

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:36 pm
aau
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
attending a concert in Brazil

I'm flying from SFO to Sao Paulo this weekend and I noticed a band I'm a fan of would be playing while I'm there, so I bought a ticket for the show on Stubhub and arranged for it to be delivered to my hotel. The ticket was less expensive than others in the same section. Now I've learned the ticket is a type of half-price "meia" ticket meant for students, seniors, etc. categories which do not apply to me. Am I going to have difficulty using this ticket? Is there typically some sort of ID or document check of the ticket qualifications at the entrance to the event, or qualification verified only at the time of purchase? TIA

Last edited by aau; Nov 8, 2018 at 11:04 pm
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by aau
Now I've learned the ticket is a type of half-price "meia" ticket meant for students, seniors, etc. categories which do not apply to me. Am I going to have difficulty using this ticket? Is there typically some sort of ID or document check of the ticket qualifications at the entrance to the event, or qualification verified only at the time of purchase? TIA
In theory, yes. In practice, unless it is a very small venue, I doubt anyone would challenge you. Worst case, just play the "dumb gringo" and you should be fine.

The issue with "meia" is that so many people feel "entitled" to paying half price by procuring fake IDs, etc that concert organizers simply double the prices, so that anyone paying full price is basically just extra revenue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.