Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Need help regarding transatlantic GIG connection from AEP-GIG flight.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help regarding transatlantic GIG connection from AEP-GIG flight.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by flo_147
Good points guys! Thanks a lot!
My travel insurance covers up to 1200 USD in missed connections, which means when I am not able to take a flight due to a delay in the feeder flight.
Anyways, I also checked Expertflyer and it seems like AR has an interline agreement with LH. Does that mean - even though I am on 2 separate tickets - I can interline from AR to LH all the way and do not leave the airport or does that only apply to flights booked on one ticket?
1. You do not have a connection so there is no connection to miss. You need to read the entire policy and its definitions in order to determine whether this or any other provision affords you coverage. It very likely does not.

2. The fact that the two carriers have an interline ticketing agreement does mean that you could have purchased a single ticket at booking. In order to add a segment now, the issuing carrier would need to resissue the ticket and collect whatever penalties and fees there are and then reprice the entire route. That might be a great deal of money or very little. The fact that you have inflexible tickets likely bodes poorly, but it is certainly worth a call to the ticket issuer which might be the issuing carrier or your TA.
flo_147 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by flo_147
Well, under these circumstances I guess I will not stay in Buenos Aires overnight and will commence my travel onwards to GIG, where I then stay overnight.

Travel schedule would then be:

FTE - AEP; 08:00 - 10:55 on AR1875
AEP - GIG; 13:00 - 16:55 on AR1220
What you guys think about that plan? Checking through the bags is then also not a problem.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I would be shocked if you were able to successfully check a bag through from AR to LH on separate tickets.

BTW, remember that both Buenos Aires and Rio have both domestic and international airports, so if there are IROPs, you might be able to switch between airports (with a very expensive taxi ride).
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I would be shocked if you were able to successfully check a bag through from AR to LH on separate tickets.

BTW, remember that both Buenos Aires and Rio have both domestic and international airports, so if there are IROPs, you might be able to switch between airports (with a very expensive taxi ride).
I have already rules that option out. I will not fly on the same day from AEP to GIG.

Yes, I know that and there would be EZE - GIG flights after my planned AEP - GIG at 13:00. So in case I miss that, then the option left would be to get to EZE and fly from there to GIG or take the 6:40am the next day. Yet is a 2 hour layover between 2 AR flights - as mentioned below - ok and doable?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.