Brazil- either Rio or Sao Paulo to Johannesburg

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic

One way, what airline would you choose?
Don't have miles, it would be USD.
From what I'm seeing the choice of airlines would be slim.
Old May 4, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
There are only direct flights from São Paulo to Jo'burg (operated by SAA and Latam). From Rio you'd either have to connect in GRU or Luanda, since TAAG flies to Rio.

Latam is much cheaper on this route, leading to constant rumours that they will ditch the route due to low occupancy.

However, international one-way flights from Brazil usually book into Y fares, so it would be cheaper to buy a cheap return and dump the 2nd leg.

Case in point: for sample dates in Sept, both SAA and Latam cost around $1,000 one way, whereas a rtn on Latam is $550 and $1,000 on SAA.

Google flights can help you on the next steps.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Thank you for the info!
Old May 30, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Something popped up on one of the blogs - GRU-LAD for £294 return on TAAG - June to August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.