Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass at GIG: Gol or Plaza Premium?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

For international departures from Terminal 2, which is the better lounge: GOL or Plaza Premium? Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Plaza Premium is where I would go, as GOL shares their facility with a bunch of other airlines, and it has a smaller footprint IMHO. All the "SALA VIP" (as they call the lounges) are located on the third floor, just off the elevator to the right, past the hotel and spa. Star Alliance is next to PP, and then you have the Admiral's Club and then GOL.

The previous GOL lounges I have been to are pretty basic, always crowded at all times, and not up to the level of what most of us probably are used to. YMMV............

Last edited by KDS777; Nov 17, 2017 at 7:09 am
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks! Plaza Premium it is. I'll try to post a review when I return.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: Smiles Diamante, dirt elsewhere
I'd agree with that description for the old Gol lounge in T2, but I don't think I ever saw that Gol lounge in GIG crowded since it opened in T3. Lots of seats, plenty of food (usually they have some sort of pasta with a couple types of sauces) plus finger food. Beer is always cold (ok, only Heineken and sometimes Amstel, but still...), wines, a barman doing some drinks (never ordered any so I'm not sure how good). Also shower facilities. I'm sure there are better lounges around, but at least comparing to the ones from American, United and Delta I really don't see that much of a difference.
RafKa likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:27 am

Plaza Premium Lounge review
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
If you haven’t been on your trip yet, ignore the previous advice and head over to the GOL lounge!! It is miles better than Plaza premium! MUCH better F&B and hard product...
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RafKa
If you haven’t been on your trip yet, ignore the previous advice and head over to the GOL lounge!! It is miles better than Plaza premium! MUCH better F&B and hard product...
Well, I wound up at the airport 3 hours before my 11:30 pm redeye. so I tried both lounges (two minute walk between them). Both are well-above average for airport lounges.

The GOL lounge definitely feels more modern and stylish. And just when I thought I'd seen every type of plumbing in the world (I'm always amazed that humans feel the need to continually reinvent the toilet, shower and sink), the GOL lounge has some pretty funky sinks. Large buffet, albeit with a lot of mediocre food. I was impressed watching the bartender make my caipirinha, although the one I had in the Plaza Lounge might have been tastier (good way to kill time at GIG; do a free caipirinha taste test). I've also never had "cashew juice" before (and I probably won't have it again).

The food was slightly better I thought at the Plaza lounge. They have a chef guy doing made-to-order pastas. Not exactly restaurant quality, but very good for an airport lounge. A little more protein on the buffet than at GOL. But the desserts weren't as good. The Plaza lounge itself was a little dated, and service seemed worse (like nobody took any glasses or plates away in more than an hour).

As I said, best to try both and decide for yourself.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Is Plaza Premium Lounge entry allowed for arriving International passengers or any other lounge(arriving AA Business, also has Priority pass with unlimited guest option)

Last edited by concordian; Jul 3, 2019 at 11:42 am Reason: Font
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
The only option I can think of is Plaza Premium pre security at the parking building in T2. All others are past security and therefore only for connecting passengers.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:38 pm

Was just at GIG

Visited GOL lounge, Food was cold, Very few people there. Food was not prepared very well. Went to Plaza Premium lounge too. Plaza was far better. Great food, lots of selection and much nicer environment.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
GOL Premium Lounge Domestic Flights Only

In case anyone is visiting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.