Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Question: GRU Quick Connection Time Terminal 2

Old Aug 19, 17, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone. I am flying from JFK to GRU on DL arriving into Terminal 2 with carryon luggage only. I have 1 hour and 20 min to make a domestic connection to a LATAM flight out of Terminal 2 (the same I'm arriving into). I will have a visa to check but no luggage to transfer. Do you think this is possible or will it just take too long to get through? I know it's a risk but the next flight is 4 hours later and I'd prefer to run than wait in the airport for so long. Please any guidance would be very much appreciated! Thanks experts!
Old Aug 19, 17, 3:48 pm

Programs: None no more
I don't think you should have a problem Dreynolds, usual caveat of on-time arrival of Delta. I flew through Terminal 2 on Delta till a couple of years ago (fly direct to Rio now). Terminal 2 is easy to get around, not excessive distances between int'l arrival and the domestic gates upstairs. And, the majority of international arrivals in the morning come in to Terminal 3 so I suggest immigration at Terminal 2 should be quick. I think there will be a TAM check in outside of immigration exit when you arrive, should you need it, although you have no luggage.

Search this Thread