Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Where can I get Fumo de Corda/Rope tobacco in Brazil?

Old Jun 6, 17, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC/IB

Bit of a long shot this one I think but worth asking anyway. Since watching the video below as a pipe smoker I have a great desire to acquire some of this tobacco. Not being able to understand Portuguese I may have missed the location where this was filmed. I suspect it may well be close to the Argentine border but could well be wrong.
Does anyone have any knowledge of the product and where in Brazil I could purchase it? I'd appreciate any help.

Old Jun 6, 17, 12:28 pm

http://tabacariarodeio.com.br/fumo-em-corda.html
Old Jun 6, 17, 3:25 pm

Insofar as the video.......
The "Santinho" guy (Jose Santos de Cruz) in the beginning seems to be from Arapiraca in Alagoas state:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arapiraca
The store at 1:30 in the video (with the guy called Salvador Falabella in the glasses) is in Sao Paulo. At 2:10 in the video, he is talking about where each type he sells comes from. The locations seem to be all over the place, not just one area. At 3:06, they are at another shop in the western part of the city (bairro Rio Pequeno), and they are talking about how that type of tobacco is part of the northeastern culture.

If you ask for FUMO EM CORDA wherever you end up in Brazil, probably someone can suggest a place fairly nearby.
Old Jun 6, 17, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC/IB

Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia View Post

If you ask for FUMO EM CORDA wherever you end up in Brazil, probably someone can suggest a place fairly nearby.
Many thanks for the translation. It certainly does seem to be available everywhere. No plans to go to Brasil but I know someone who goes over the border now and again.

Search this Thread