General strike in Brazil Friday April 28

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.

Multiple unions have called a general strike in Brazil for tomorrow. According to http://www.sul21.com.br/jornal/aerop...ram-em-greve/# , the unions have announced that GRU will be closed from 6 AM. As far as I can tell, all long-haul flights have taken off as scheduled, and indeed a lot of them are due to land before 6. However, JJ8085 is curiously showing as "Delayed" on the LATAM website, although it has taken off according to ExpertFlyer. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow (diversions to EZE?).

I suspect few visitors will otherwise be directly affected by the anticipated disruption to public transport, schools, and banks, but demonstrations and counterdemonstrations have been announced, so traffic disruption seems likely, and it would certainly seem prudent to stay away from Paulista Avenue.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
It seems GRU is operating normally, in spite of some early domestic cancellations (http://exame.abril.com.br/brasil/gre...-de-guarulhos/).

Very quiet where I am — lots of people can't get to work because there is no public transport or because the schools are closed. I had lunch in a restaurant which operated with a highly limited menu because only one out of four chefs had made it in to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.