Search

Lounges at Rio Galeao (GIG)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by MeVoy
or the BA lounge (both new)
You will have trouble finding that one.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I find it quite odd that the "national carrier" doesn't have its own lounge at the nation's second biggest international airport, and it's reduced to using its main competitor's facilities (a budget carrier, no least).

If Latam plans to open their own lounge eventually, they've certainly been keeping those plans well under wraps...
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:11 pm

The new T2 is a big improvement.

BA uses the plaza premium (priority pass) lounge. I used it but the aircon system was not working properly so not very comfortable. Another downside is no cans, water bottles provided - only by glass - and drinks from the bar only - which can take time. All in all a nice lounge with decent food options, good wifi, and comfortable seating and not corded. The AA lounge had aircon working but very crowded.

All in all, not perfect but very pleased.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by C010T3
Gol opened its new international departures' lounge at GIG this December 1st. Delta, KLM and Air France also use the lounge.

http://www.falandodeviagem.com.br/vi...14201&p=335846

http://www.melhoresdestinos.com.br/s...p-gol-rio.html
I visited it yesterday for the first time. I really liked it. Decent food & bar service, wifi & aircon top, lounge quiet & spacy.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:17 pm

Was in the star alliance lounge last night- food was terrible! Internet wouldn't let me log on with my android phone but my iPad was fine. Chairs were nice and comfortable and they had the NFL game on so that was cool. Definitely better than sitting at the gate but not something I would ever consider paying for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.