Reload this Page >

Dual citizen, no Brazilian passport question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dual citizen, no Brazilian passport question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:38 am

I pressed a united agent to just let me on once and he gave in. It ended with "ok, if you get denied your return flight is your expense...".
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus Platinum
I am 100% sure that Brasil will let me in, so I'm not too worried. My old passport has a permanent visa with no expiration date, so here's to hoping
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:15 am

I'm a resident of Brazil and being Portuguese have equal civil rights. I always travel with my Portuguese passport together with my Brazilian RG. I go into the Brazilian national / resident line at immigration.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, my only small concern is my passport country needs a visa to enter Brasil, but I think I should be okay to convince the airline I can legally enter.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Just to follow-up, was able to come and go without any questions with my US passport and RG. Brought a whole bunch more documentation, but didn't need to show.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Thanks - that is a useful data point.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:07 am
Original Poster

I still plan on getting a passport just to be safe, but the particular people at immigration that I saw didn't seem concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.