Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Brazil Visa in less than 72 Hours

Brazil Visa in less than 72 Hours

Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Platinum AA - Platinum SPG - Platinum
Exclamation Brazil Visa in less than 72 Hours

I recently had a trip Brazil come up last minute and needed a Visa. After searching endlessly on the fastest way possible and being told 5-10 day min was the fastest it could be done, I decide to try my luck. I jumped on the next flight to Washington DC on a Monday and got there just as the Brazil embassy was opening. Having no scheduled appointment I grabbed a ticket and waited for my number to be called. With in 15 minutes my number was called and I was able to have my appointment. The agent promised my visa would go out in the mail that day, though I had my concerns. Much to my surprise, on Wednesday morning I had my passport with the Brazil Visa in my hand.

So needless to say this can be done!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:51 pm

While this may apparently have worked for you, as respectfully as possible, the information presented is sufficiently incomplete to therefore not be terribly helpful to anyone else reading. Given this, I would suggest no one rush to take this singular situation as any indication or example for their own case.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:18 am

I personally know 3 people (separate incidents) who were all given same-day visas from the Chicago location after showing up early the day of their flight and explaining their situation. So it's clear they are willing to help people out- I don't think it makes any sense to bet on that though.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Esmjb
I personally know 3 people (separate incidents) who were all given same-day visas from the Chicago location after showing up early the day of their flight and explaining their situation. So it's clear they are willing to help people out- I don't think it makes any sense to bet on that though.
The Chicago consulate's website seems to indicate the opposite. They say pretty emphatically that there's no express service offered for any price.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The Chicago consulate's website seems to indicate the opposite. They say pretty emphatically that there's no express service offered for any price.
Clearly it's not something they would advertise. but I have friends, not hearsay, who have gotten same day. Additionally OP said he got same day from another location. so believe what you want. I certainly don't recommend anyone banking on this option as I'm sure it depends on your story and their work log...
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Platinum AA - Platinum SPG - Platinum
Originally Posted by Esmjb
Clearly it's not something they would advertise. but I have friends, not hearsay, who have gotten same day. Additionally OP said he got same day from another location. so believe what you want. I certainly don't recommend anyone banking on this option as I'm sure it depends on your story and their work log...
Exactly well said, If you have all the appropriate documentation and do some research. You can PROBABLY make it happen. Definitely a last resort though!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.