Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Getting from Santa Teresa to GIG in the afternoon

Old Oct 22, 15, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Hello

I have a 4 pm domestic flight leaving from GIG. I will be leaving from the Santa Teresa neighbourhood. How much time should I reserve for this trip? Is transit doable in the early afternoon? I would take a bus or shuttle bus (no taxi, as I do not want to spend too much money).
Old Oct 22, 15, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Thinksamuel View Post
Hello
I have a 4 pm domestic flight leaving from GIG. I will be leaving from the Santa Teresa neighbourhood. How much time should I reserve for this trip? Is transit doable in the early afternoon? I would take a bus or shuttle bus (no taxi, as I do not want to spend too much money).
Santa Teresa is quite isolated on the top of its hill, especially since the bondinho trolley is not yet fully functional (afaik) and there is some construction work still tying up streets for the last phase.
There is no airport shuttle bus that serves the neighborhood, as in Copacabana or Ipanema for example, just local buses. But the shuttle is a bit more difficult to flag in the airport direction anyway. If you get yourself down the hill to centro or Santos Dumont, you might pick one up there. www.aeroportogaleao.net. for routes/schedules.
Taxis often don't like going up the hill into the neighborhood, but your pousada/hostel/hotel should be able to arrange one for you. The exchange rate is favorable, so may help.
You should plan to be at the airport by about 2:30, so leave about 1 from Santa Teresa for a trip that is about an hour or so.

Search this Thread