Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport Fine (On Exit) for Losing Immigration Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: None no more
Originally Posted by travellingpinoy
Again, I want this thread to be helpful and civil. If you can't contribute in that manner then please move on along. This is my last reply to you. Thanks for stopping by.
Rafka, NPF, Vida; all conversant in many, many aspects of Brazil, including an extensive level of personal experience in entry and exit. With due respect, you are very unlikely going to receive more definitive answers to your original questions. And, any enquiry to Brazilian authorities, should you even get a response which is doubtful, will likely garner a range of answers that are just as speculative.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by NPF
i) long ago, an even less than perfunctory control, where a Policia Federal officer would have looked at your passport (no checks, no computers) and just gave it back to you.
ii) beginning around 9/11 (2001), a period in which clerks (not Policia Federal officers) would look at your passport and sometimes (but not always), look something at a now existing computer
iii) for the last five/six years (no clear boundary in my mind), clerks who would systematically input something into a computer system.
And what of the "phase" of 2004, after the pilot was arrested for giving the finger, and every subsequent US passport holder had his/her photo and fingerprint taken by a Brazilian official loaded with national pride and determined to get revenge on offensive foreigners, data which was presumably stored somewhere after all that effort? Perhaps along with data on overstays? But we could of course speculate that any ostensibly stored data would not include non-US passport holders who overstayed?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:48 am

consulate will not have info because it is different government branch than immigration. best way to know, I think just flight in. other than that , no reliable way to know even if you call immigration. just like you want to know if one way ticket to allow boarding by calling reservation, no reliable info will be given.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: KLM FB Gold
I am 99% sure that the record is lost since it's over 10 years ago and since you've also changed your passport. You can never be certain though. The problem with fines is if they are left unpaid, you will be penalized on top of the original fine, so things can get expensive. At the bigger airports an immigration officer will follow you to an ATM where you may withdraw any cash needed to pay your fine. Also, Banco do Brasil are present at most major airports in Brazil.

If I were you I wouldn't hesitate to go. Just relax and have a great trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.