Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

GRU Airport Transportation

GRU Airport Transportation

Old Jun 7, 15, 8:28 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RDU
Posts: 683
GRU Airport Transportation

What is the best way to get from the airport to the Grand Hyatt? Someone had recommended an airport bus that drove to the area (http://www.airportbusservice.com.br/en/linhas) but did not know if the bus was still in service. How much would a taxi ride be? Would it be safer/better to get a private car?
Gunner14 is offline  
Old Jun 7, 15, 8:49 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,654
Here is the bus info:
http://www.airportbusservice.com.br/br/linhas
Brookline Novo route. R$42
The hotel is in Morimbi near the Marginal.

Or you can get a taxi. IMO private car has no advantage regarding safety.
VidaNaPraia is offline  
Old Jun 9, 15, 2:09 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RDU
Posts: 683
Great - thank you. Do you know if this bus will drop me off directly at the hotel? On the route listing it only has the drop-off point as WTC.
Gunner14 is offline  
Old Jul 1, 15, 11:43 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RDU
Posts: 683
Just wanted to provide an update to this thread for others to use. I've used the bus on two trips now and it's a piece of cake. Other than having a bit of a walk to Terminal 2 (where the busses depart) absolutely no problems. Busses are nice with AC, wifi, water, and TV. Would definitely recommend.
Gunner14 is offline  
Old Jul 1, 15, 11:57 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,654
Originally Posted by Gunner14 View Post
Do you know if this bus will drop me off directly at the hotel? On the route listing it only has the drop-off point as WTC.
So could you answer your own question for us here?
VidaNaPraia is offline  
Old Jul 6, 15, 6:42 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: WORLD
Programs: IHG Spire RA; Flying Blue Platinum, several others at not highest tier
Posts: 534
Originally Posted by Gunner14 View Post
What is the best way to get from the airport to the Grand Hyatt? Someone had recommended an airport bus that drove to the area (http://www.airportbusservice.com.br/en/linhas) but did not know if the bus was still in service. How much would a taxi ride be? Would it be safer/better to get a private car?
i use always UBER to and from the airport. Good fares.
also in Sao Paulo i use UBER; much cheaper as regular taxi's.
christravelblog is offline  
Old Jul 6, 15, 8:09 am
  #7  
ADT
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2
I thought UBER coudn't pick up / drop off at the airport? has that changed?
Also, do UBER cars tend to be newer? Asking because we're looking into carseat options and the lightweight portable carseat we're considering requires a tether (which is only available on newer cars). TIA!
ADT is offline  
Old Jul 7, 15, 6:00 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: WORLD
Programs: IHG Spire RA; Flying Blue Platinum, several others at not highest tier
Posts: 534
Originally Posted by ADT View Post
I thought UBER coudn't pick up / drop off at the airport? has that changed?
Also, do UBER cars tend to be newer? Asking because we're looking into carseat options and the lightweight portable carseat we're considering requires a tether (which is only available on newer cars). TIA!
i was at GRU in December 2014, it worked then. or it must have changed again? i used the uberBlack i think or how it's called. Nice modern cars. most got me bottle of water, wifi and soso english. to perfect!

i stayed at the "upscale" neighborhood and the taxi there kind of tend to rip you off. of course you can discuss but then uber is much easier. press a button int he hotel room, walk down and they are ready.
christravelblog is offline  
Old Jul 12, 15, 10:12 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RDU
Posts: 683
Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia View Post
So could you answer your own question for us here?
I can. Unfortunately on the Brooklin route it only picks up @ the airport and drops off @ the WTC. Fortunately there are taxis waiting at the drop-off point and it was a cheap (10 BRL) taxi ride to my hotel.

It looks like on some other routes (e.g. Avenue Paulista) it has stops at many hotels.
Gunner14 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread