VCP, UA, and AD

Old Mar 10, 15, 10:50 am
Original Poster

VCP, UA, and AD

Looking to get others' perspectives on VCP (in Brasil). Since AD is now offering service through FLL from VCP (which means we don't have to change airports from GRU to VCP and vice versa and also means we can pick up UA at FLL), my family and I are looking at going through VCP.

Can anyone comment concerning VCP on UC or *A clubs, food, and ability to negotiate the airport with kids.

Also looking to get perspectives on AD's A330-200s. Back in the day, I used to fly these birds with AF (in C), but we'll be traveling in Y. Do these seats have AVOD? Thanks!

One additional Q: how is it negotiating customs in FLL? We are a GE family and we'll have a 90 min connection (shows 45 min MCT for FLL).

Last edited by dcpdxtrans; Mar 10, 15 at 11:00 am Reason: Additional Q
Old Mar 10, 15, 11:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AA has announced discontinuance of its flights to VCP, and some are mourning the loss of an easy airport to negotiate.
Old Mar 12, 15, 3:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD Diamante, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
From what is shown on the airport's web site, TAP had a VIP space there.
http://www.aeroportoviracopos.net/en...-taps-vip-room
Old Mar 12, 15, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Not clear if Sao Paulo is your final destination. Be advised that VCP is quite far from Sao Paulo (50 miles) so a cab ride is prohibitively expensive. There are buses. If connecting on AD, then VCP is a great hub.

The A330s are due to get refurbed between Mar-Jun with very nice interiors, but currently still have the old config from previous owners Gulf Air, and while Y does have personal screens, its not clear if it's AVOD or simply on a loop.

There's a popular blog in Brazil where people post TRs, and there's one for VCP-FLL in Y, and return in J. They mention immigration/customs in FLL is painless. Worth having a look at the pix and putting through a translator.

TR VCP-FLL in Y:
http://www.melhoresdestinos.com.br/a...idos-a330.html

TR FLL-VCP in J:
http://www.melhoresdestinos.com.br/a...executiva.html
Old Mar 13, 15, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RafKa View Post
Not clear if Sao Paulo is your final destination. Be advised that VCP is quite far from Sao Paulo (50 miles) so a cab ride is prohibitively expensive. There are buses. If connecting on AD, then VCP is a great hub.

The A330s are due to get refurbed between Mar-Jun with very nice interiors, but currently still have the old config from previous owners Gulf Air, and while Y does have personal screens, its not clear if it's AVOD or simply on a loop.

There's a popular blog in Brazil where people post TRs, and there's one for VCP-FLL in Y, and return in J. They mention immigration/customs in FLL is painless. Worth having a look at the pix and putting through a translator.

TR VCP-FLL in Y:
http://www.melhoresdestinos.com.br/a...idos-a330.html

TR FLL-VCP in J:
http://www.melhoresdestinos.com.br/a...executiva.html
Thanks for your response. FLN is our destination. And what you have stated is the reason we have avoided AD bc we generally fly through GRU using award miles. With no *A presence in Brasil, it's been difficult. Thanks for the links; will check it out.
Old Mar 14, 15, 1:53 pm

GRU very big and not always easy to negotiate. Azul is an outlying terminal 4. Any reason you would not want to use VCP? Lack of clubs? I haven't used it, but my wife has flown Azul a few times on short-haul flights and quite liked it.
Old Mar 19, 15, 4:56 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
AA has announced discontinuance of its flights to VCP, and some are mourning the loss of an easy airport to negotiate.
Not true. AA is discontinuing the JFK-VCP 3x weekly flight, but continues to operate MIA-VCP daily flight.

As for VCP, biggest + for it is the ease of getting in/out of the airport.
Old Mar 20, 15, 12:29 am

I flew FLL -> VCP in December. Customs went pretty quick but I am used to that in Brazil as most of the time I'm one of the very few non-Brazilian citizens on the flight. Waiting for my bag took about 20 minutes though. Then to get from the international arrivals to the other terminal you take a bus which goes to a bunch of parking lots before its final destination. It went so far that I was afraid I actually got on a city bus! So add another 20 minutes there. All in all, I'd say budget for 45 minutes. As far as the terminal goes it seemed pretty decent for a small airport. Definitely better than GIG. If you are used to GRU, VCP will be a welcome change, as far as convenience goes.

Flights did have on board entertainment but with about a third of the selection and worse screens. Ask me if you have any other questions.

Search this Thread