Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Hilton or Intercontinental in Sao Paulo?

Old Oct 10, 2013, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam & BAEC Silv, EY Gold, IHG Plat

Hello

My wife and I are spending a night in Sao Paulo at the end of our holiday and I am planning to do a reward stay in one of the two hotels:

HILTON SAO PAULO MORUMBI
Intercontintental Sao Paulo.

I have never stayed in either. Please could you tell me which is best?

Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:36 am

Programs: LH SEN
Based on location alone, I would pick the Intercontinental. There is a lot to do around there (restaurants, shops and a very known museum), while the Hilton is on a business district.
Besides, the trip to the IC is not as long as to the Hilton. Depending on what time you are flying in and out of GRU, travel time may be a very important deciding factor.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 4:21 am

Programs: Smiles Diamante, dirt elsewhere
I'd go with the IC as well.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam & BAEC Silv, EY Gold, IHG Plat
Thanks - Booked!
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: all
good choice...hilton location sucks unless you have business in morumbi
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
I have stayed at both hotels. the rooms are comparably nice. as a priority club plat i didnt get much, though was surprised to get a small plate of chocolates on the 2nd day. as a hilton gold got access to the hilton lounge for bkfast as well as drinks and snacks rest of the day. for the hotel in general the hilton is bigger and the IC feels more compact, prob bc of the location.
as the other posters have said, lots to see downtown around the IC. i walked around, and also took the subway to cool places like the parc's and the municipal market.
i stayed at the hilton because it was close to the office i was visiting. there is a big underground mall attached, but otherwise not really anything to see or do around there.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
My favourite would be Grand Hyatt. A true bargain as well on points. Note that its going up on level in the coming deval. But still a bargain.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:32 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by pantanal
good choice...hilton location sucks unless you have business in morumbi

Totally agree. The Hilton is in a very boring location and is totally overpriced. Not even a sundeck or outside pool, so I had to walk over to invade the Hyatt (?) which was not a nice walk!!!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
I recently stayed at the Intercontinental in Sao Paulo and it was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. The hotel is in a great location and the people that work there are very friendly. The concierge in the lounge spent almost an hour helping me get my cell phone activated on the Brazilian phone system and even called me later to make sure the phone was working. The rooms are nice and there was good food in the lounge at breakfast.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: all
btw the Renaissance is also very good.. very close to the intercontinental

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.