Brazil World Cup 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brazil World Cup 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by worldcupfifa
Hi ,

Thanks for the post about World Cup. Just a tip about those who don't live in countries that stream world cup online. You can use UnoTelly to remove the geoblock and stream World Cup 2014 in your country free https://worldcup.unotelly.com
I personally use iplayer(with UK VPN)/kazeebo to stream matches.
(of course, if you want commentary and don't understand Cantonese, kazeebo isn't very useful...)
(it is a paid service as I have had a client give me a UK VPN but they blocked the BBC web site as the client doesn't pay the TV licence and states that allowing access to it wastes employee time...)
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Anyone know if they are matching ids to tickets at the gate when you go the games? I dont mean when picking up the tickets, but rather at the point where they scan or tear your ticket to get in?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by lovenola
Anyone know if they are matching ids to tickets at the gate when you go the games? I dont mean when picking up the tickets, but rather at the point where they scan or tear your ticket to get in?
The thing is I don't know if you can count on a positive or negative answer. I think the will ask for ID when they feel like it. So better to bring your ID. I'd rather not carry around passports for everyone, but I think we'll have to.

Another question is are they bothering people who bring cameras that have a large lens? I'm not talking super large, but maybe 6 inches long.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
The thing is, the tickets i bought have not had their names changed with fifa. Curious if anyone has been to the games yet and been asked for id
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:47 pm

No request for ID so far here, either at the front gate or by any of the aisle " stewards. "

The stewards are in force at the games we have attended so far, about 1 per every 5 steps, or 5 per aisle. Very friendly, helpful, and mindful of the crowds.

Good, very professional job so far, without any problems !
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lovenola
I have been to three games so far and no ID matching yet.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:17 pm

I have 3 CAT 1 USA vs Portugal tickets

Hi,

I unfortunately cannot make to USA vs portugal anymore. I have 3 category 1 tickets side by side. I am currently in Florianopolis, Brazil. I can change names on the Fifa website if needed. Please PM me if you need these tickets. Selling at around face value.

Cheers.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold) / SPG Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador / AMEX Platinum
Brazil World Cup 2014

Hey anyone still have final tickets?

I just booked a flight to rio
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sis22
Hey anyone still have final tickets?

I just booked a flight to rio
I would expect that there will be LOTS of very inexpensive scalper tickets available now, given the Brazilian collapse today.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:07 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Somewhat related to this thread but what's the consensus on the best Churrascaria in Rio?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by UnaCervezaPorFavor
Somewhat related to this thread but what's the consensus on the best Churrascaria in Rio?
What makes it "best"? High price per person? Atmosphere? Quality of meat? Quality of "salad" bar? All that and being located in a neighborhood that isn't going to make a tourist nervous?
Porcao usually makes the top of most lists for 'rodizio'. There are a couple of locations. Esplanada has topped Veja magazine's list for best meat. Marius. Some like Carretao for value. Espaco Brasa in Leblon.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In Salvador I was surprised that locals told me the best was Fogo De Chão. I guess that is the same chain as the one you can find all over the US now?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
In Salvador I was surprised that locals told me the best was Fogo De Chão. I guess that is the same chain as the one you can find all over the US now?
Yes it is. And we were told the same thing in Belo Horizonte, where we had an excellent dinner.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not Churrascaria, but a great steakhouse chain in Brazil is Pobre Juan. http://www.pobrejuan.com.br/
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by stimpy

Salvador is known for its fresh seafood.
Local best for meat there has long been considered Boi Preto in Armacao.
Locals often try in their own way to impress the gringos; one friend was quite proud to take me to an Outback Steakhouse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.