Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Brazil World Cup 2014

Brazil World Cup 2014

Old Oct 30, 13, 1:29 pm

my friends and I entered the lottery for venue specific tickets in Recife and they charged my credit card today, still waiting on official confirmation. 3 tickets to all 5 games in Recife! I'm looking on homeaway.com for a place to stay, cheapest airfare I've found so far was $1560 from CLE to Recife. If you're going to Recife, i'd like to hear from you!
Old Oct 30, 13, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (LT Gold), Stariott Lifetime Plat Premier, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Congrats!! I'm still waiting to hear on the ticket draw -- they extended the notification date to Nov. 10th, so you are among the first to hear.

I entered for 4 tix for the June 29th game in Recife and the July 4th game in Fortaleza. I booked with miles into Recife as soon as plane tickets became available. Never saw anything below $1600 when I was looking. I booked refundable hotels for the night before and after each game (although they haven't actually charged anything yet).
Old Oct 30, 13, 6:22 pm

My card was also charged today, for 3 tickets to 2 sep. games in Rio (Cat 2 I believe based on price)

No email yet, but *fingers crossed*

Booked US Airways CLT-RIO award tickets when availability briefly showed up in June
Old Nov 4, 13, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Hot Dog! No I haven't heard from FIFA yet, but my Visa was charged last week for the round of 16 and quarter-finals! A level the whole way.

I've never been happier to see over $2000 charged to my credit card before.
Old Nov 6, 13, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Hot Dog! No I haven't heard from FIFA yet, but my Visa was charged last week for the round of 16 and quarter-finals! A level the whole way.

I've never been happier to see over $2000 charged to my credit card before.
Congrats! The knockout games in South Africa were on a whole different level than the group stage. Saw ARG-MEX, USA-GHA, ESP-POR, and ARG-GER and the crowds were amazing.
Old Nov 7, 13, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FIFA seems to be having IT problems

Got this today...

Please be advised that, in preparation for the First Come First Served Sales Period, which will open on 11th November 2013 at 12:00 Central European time / 09:00 Brasilia time, it is not possible to access your Ticketing Account at www.fifa.com/tickets from 8th November 2013 at 09:00 Central European Time / 06:00 Brasilia Time.

Please note that you will be notified of the status of your Ticket Application submitted during the Random Selection Draw Sales Period by email or SMS by 10th November 2013. If you would like to contact us with Ticketing enquiries during this time, or to check the status of your Ticket Application, please do so by clicking “Contact Us” on the menu to the left or by phone on 0300 021 2014 for Brazilian residents, or +41 445 831000 for international customers.

Thank you for your interest in attending the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™. We hope to see you there!

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Yours Sincerely,

FIFA Ticketing Centre
Old Nov 7, 13, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And despite that above email, I just now received a confirmation email from FIFA saying congratulations, all the tickets I asked have been successfully purchased.
Old Nov 12, 13, 6:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum (LT Gold), Stariott Lifetime Plat Premier, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
I got World Cup tix yesterday! Requests were denied in lottery round, and it took 2 1/2 hours spinning online in "ticketing queue" yesterday, but got them.

Had to stick to group stage, but got 4 tickets for each of 2 games in Fortaleza. Futebol e praia Soccer and beaches.
Old Nov 12, 13, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spainlover View Post
I got World Cup tix yesterday! Requests were denied in lottery round, and it took 2 1/2 hours spinning online in "ticketing queue" yesterday, but got them.

Had to stick to group stage, but got 4 tickets for each of 2 games in Fortaleza. Futebol e praia Soccer and beaches.
Congrats! The ambiance should be amazing in Fortaleza.
Old Nov 12, 13, 2:04 pm

Thank you - thrilled!
Looking forward to the Draw to find out who will be playing there.
Old Nov 12, 13, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
So in the Random draw I picked up up the last group game in Sao Paulo as well as the Round of 16 game in Salvador as well.

Then in the first some draw a Cat 1 Quarter final ticket in Brasilia - very very happy!
Old Nov 15, 13, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So far the domestic fares during the Cup haven't changed over the last few months. But I am of course worried about what will happen after the draw hits. But I see on Gol's website that they will be making changes to their schedule so I guess they will be adding capacity on the key routes. Anyone following this? I'd like to wait to buy the domestic portions if I can.

Also, is there any talk in Brazil or the US about removing the visa requirement for Americans?
Old Nov 18, 13, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
So far the domestic fares during the Cup haven't changed over the last few months. But I am of course worried about what will happen after the draw hits. But I see on Gol's website that they will be making changes to their schedule so I guess they will be adding capacity on the key routes. Anyone following this? I'd like to wait to buy the domestic portions if I can.

Also, is there any talk in Brazil or the US about removing the visa requirement for Americans?
There is talk of extra services being added, but nothing confirmed yet.

They will need too, because once Dec 6 hits, the pricing and availability of domestic airfares will skyrocket.
Old Nov 21, 13, 11:13 am

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
US citizens will still require a visa to enter Brazil. However, it looks like it's free for World Cup ticket holders:

http://losangeles.itamaraty.gov.br/e...#world_cup2014
Old Nov 21, 13, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by galego View Post
US citizens will still require a visa to enter Brazil. However, it looks like it's free for World Cup ticket holders:

http://losangeles.itamaraty.gov.br/e...#world_cup2014
Yeah, I found that too. But I don't know what proof they will accept that I have tickets since they won't issue the tickets til a few weeks before the Cup or you can pick up onsite. Hopefully they accept the Fifa confirmation email.

Search this Thread