Search

Brazil World Cup 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 9:38 am

Brazil World Cup 2014

Yes Natal
Old May 4, 2014, 9:34 am

Accomodations in Fortaleza and Recife

I am looking for accommodation for Fortaleza for two nights; June 23 and 24. I need a room in Recife for one night, June 25. It is just two of us (my son and i). Any suggestions?

Carlos
Old May 5, 2014, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
Has anyone got their tickets yet from FIFA?
Old May 6, 2014, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I think we are all waiting for our tickets. From the FAQ...

The Ticket Holder will be notified by FIFA at a later stage of the time when the Delivery Company commences the delivery/transit process for Tickets in relation to the Competition. The Ticker Holder agrees and acknowledges that neither FIFA, nor the FTC, nor the Delivery Company can schedule or guarantee a specific delivery time or date.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Vidic15
Has anyone got their tickets yet from FIFA?
I received my tickets yesterday.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kakau
I received my tickets yesterday.
Did you receive an email in advance warning you of the delivery?
Old May 6, 2014, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Did you receive an email in advance warning you of the delivery?
No emails...only a text message from DHL the day before about the delivery with a tracking number.
Old May 7, 2014, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just received an email from FIFA.

We are pleased to inform you that your Tickets have already been shipped, or will be shipped soon!
Once shipped, you will be provided with a tracking number via your FIFA Ticketing Account which can be used to track the status of your Ticket consignment.
Old May 12, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Until 2015 you mean?
If we're lucky the US$ prices might decline sometime in late 2016, after the Olympics, but I'd not even count on that. In the meantime there are odd good (by Brasil standards) deals mto be had even during the World Cup. Sao Paulo, for example, allegedly has less than 50% capacity booking during the Cup, since the business people are staying away almost completely. Thus, you might be able to book there even when Rio continues to be impossible. I do not know, but this is what the local press reports right now.
Old May 13, 2014, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yay! DHL brought me my tickets today!

Lots of paper waste I must say. Each individual ticket is in its own envelope with two instruction sheets of paper. Add that up to every ticket mailed and it is a colossal waste of paper.

But now I need to find a seating chart! Where is section 118 at Fonte Nova? I poked around on Google and can't find any charts for any of the stadiums. Is FIFA keeping this secret for now?

Last edited by stimpy; May 13, 2014 at 8:22 am
Old May 13, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: AA 2MM
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yay! DHL brought me my tickets today!

Lots of paper waste I must say. Each individual ticket is in its own envelope with two instruction sheets of paper. Add that up to every ticket mailed and it is a colossal waste of paper.

But now I need to find a seating chart! Where is section 118 at Fonte Nova? I poked around on Google and can't find any charts for any of the stadiums. Is FIFA keeping this secret for now?
Looks like borderline blue/green section (more precisely: green; two blocos away from blue perimeter which is 120) on the first level. Check out page 36 of the 'Guia de Ingressos.' Received here in Rio at the ticket distribution point.

With all the other paper you reference, one would think that that would have been included in your packet (but I guess we're dealing here with Fifa).

Last edited by marcos123; May 13, 2014 at 10:05 am
Old May 13, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marcos123
Check out page 36 of the 'Guia de Ingressos.' Received here in Rio at the ticket distribution point.
Thanks. I was about to try to find the translation in Portuguese, but you helped me find what I need.
Old May 14, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
Originally Posted by carlosr
I am looking for accommodation for Fortaleza for two nights; June 23 and 24. I need a room in Recife for one night, June 25. It is just two of us (my son and i). Any suggestions?

Carlos
AirBNB. I booked a room near the stadium for 100 USD per night.
Old May 18, 2014, 3:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Since the SIM thread was closed, I guess I'll post here. Going to the WC for a week. I have an unlocked iPhone 4 and would like to get a local SIM, mainly for data (google maps, uploading photos etc.) and texting. Someone in the closed threat mentioned a t-mobile sim that gives unlimited data for $50 though I couldn't find that on t-mobile's site....

Ideally I'd like to have the phone setup here before landing, but was looking for ism cards on ebay and didn't find much...
Old May 18, 2014, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirD0c
Since the SIM thread was closed, I guess I'll post here. Going to the WC for a week. I have an unlocked iPhone 4 and would like to get a local SIM, mainly for data (google maps, uploading photos etc.) and texting. Someone in the closed threat mentioned a t-mobile sim that gives unlimited data for $50 though I couldn't find that on t-mobile's site....
I would expand this question to our Brazilian friends here who are knowledgeable about the telecom operators plans to increase 3G coverage in the main cities and in the stadiums themselves. I would like to know which SIM to purchase for the purpose of making and receiving international calls, and checking my email from time to time. And the scores of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.