Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Airline club for AA biz class: GIG Terminal 1

Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:23 am
Original Poster

We've flown out of Terminal 2, with US Airways, and used the consolidated "VIP" club in that terminal, but haven't used Terminal 1 in some time. What club(s), if any, can American Airlines biz class pasengers use in Terminal 1? We'd be flying to DFW. Thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
Apparently, there's an AC at T1. I'll be flying GIG-JFK soon, so that's why I've looked it up.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:28 pm
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
Yes, there is an AC at Terminal 1. Very decent, but gets crowded sometimes.

Has some snacks and light fare (pasta, soup), păo de queijo, and a beer fridge. Also some hard liquor.

They also have showers, if you need them.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Wow, an actual AC. Over in T2 there was just the consolidated club. And showers are always a plus even if we've just started the passage elsewhere in Brazil. The United Club at GRU told us they no longer had showers. And we'd be able to usle the AC at DFW, as well.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
Actually, at T2 there's also the Tam lounge (don't know what it's called), which I've used as a *G instead of the consolidated VIP. However, I did find the VIP lounge better.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by SoCal
Thanks. Wow, an actual AC. Over in T2 there was just the consolidated club. And showers are always a plus even if we've just started the passage elsewhere in Brazil. The United Club at GRU told us they no longer had showers. And we'd be able to usle the AC at DFW, as well.
The GIG AC is a little small but never really crowded and quite nice. There are sandwiches and soups and a self serve bar and expresso machine. The gate area in T2 is very lacking and the AC is a welcome relief.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ULMFlyer
Actually, at T2 there's also the Tam lounge (don't know what it's called), which I've used as a *G instead of the consolidated VIP. However, I did find the VIP lounge better.
I think it's a Gold lounge. Thought it was only for gold-level members in the TAM ff program. VIP club in GIG Terminal 2 was not as nice overall as the United Club at GRU, but it had showers.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
The GIG AC is a little small but never really crowded and quite nice. There are sandwiches and soups and a self serve bar and expresso machine. The gate area in T2 is very lacking and the AC is a welcome relief.
You mean T1, right? T2 is the newer terminal, where UA, US, JJ, etc. are located. AA is in T1.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:58 pm
Suspended

You mean T1, right? T2 is the newer terminal, where UA, US, JJ, etc. are located. AA is in T1.
Sorry, I meant T1. Really, a pit for the exception of a few nice shops upstairs (pre customs and security). I've gotten some great deals.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:24 pm
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I've gotten some great deals.
Do you mind sharing some of these deals? GIG is my home airport, and I find everything there unbelievable expensive (also at GRU, and Brazil in general).
Old Jun 4, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member

When I was there this past Tuesday, they were renovating the Men's room, so they had the Ladies room marked for Men and the Arrivals Lounge became the Ladies room. So once the renovations are complete, showers might return at the UC in GRU.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
I think it's a Gold lounge. Thought it was only for gold-level members in the TAM ff program. VIP club in GIG Terminal 2 was not as nice overall as the United Club at GRU, but it had showers.
When checking in my last couple of trips out of GIG, the UA gate agents would tell me to use the TAM lounge, but I prefer the VIP lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Turns out we'll go through GRU, instead, so will use the Admirals Club there. Have used the United club in that airport, but this will be the first time in AA's club.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 7:14 am
Suspended

Turns out we'll go through GRU, instead, so will use the Admirals Club there. Have used the United club in that airport, but this will be the first time in AA's club.
The GRU AC is a little bigger but tends to get crowded at night. More food options and self serve bar. There are showers but there can be a waiting list during peak times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.