Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel in sao paulo

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Hotel in sao paulo

Need advice on a hotel in Sao Paulo, looking for something in a centrally located area, safe, budget around US$100-US$120/night
Old May 28, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: LH SEN
You've got to be more specific. Sao Paulo's city center is larger than most cities in the world.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:33 am

That rate is going to be hard to find in a 'standard' hotel in Sao Paulo. Hotel prices in Brazil, especially in the big cities, are soaring right now, perhaps in anticipation of the influx of tourists for the games (World Cup and Olympics).

The Ibis, a budget chain (and probably as cheap as you might find, unless a more basic pousada or hostel private room), shows U$132 per night for their location in Consolacao, central in that it is near Av. Paulista, near a metro stop, and in the Jardins neighborhood, there are many nice shops, restaurants and bars, the MASP museum, Trianon Park, etc. For comparison, the Marriott Renaissance hotel in Jardins, comfortable and with good service and amenities, is at U$498 per night minimum.

You don't want to be in what is considered 'downtown' (near Praca de Se) as it is not safe.
Old May 28, 2012, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by MariaSF
You've got to be more specific. Sao Paulo's city center is larger than most cities in the world.
Not really. It gets confusing, because São Paulo is polycentric.
Old May 28, 2012, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
That rate is going to be hard to find in a 'standard' hotel in Sao Paulo. Hotel prices in Brazil, especially in the big cities, are soaring right now, perhaps in anticipation of the influx of tourists for the games (World Cup and Olympics).

The Ibis, a budget chain (and probably as cheap as you might find, unless a more basic pousada or hostel private room), shows U$132 per night for their location in Consolacao, central in that it is near Av. Paulista, near a metro stop, and in the Jardins neighborhood, there are many nice shops, restaurants and bars, the MASP museum, Trianon Park, etc. For comparison, the Marriott Renaissance hotel in Jardins, comfortable and with good service and amenities, is at U$498 per night minimum.

You don't want to be in what is considered 'downtown' (near Praca de Se) as it is not safe.
Thanks. I was recommended Ibis by others as well, I've stayed at their hotel when in Africa and they aren't bad, basic amenities.
Old May 29, 2012, 3:47 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by C010T3
Not really. It gets confusing, because São Paulo is polycentric.
You must be right. I only lived there for 35 years. Why do I know?
Old May 29, 2012, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by STelite
Need advice on a hotel in Sao Paulo, looking for something in a centrally located area, safe, budget around US$100-US$120/night
There are a bunch of hotels around Republica which fit your bill. I looked over a couple for friends visiting SP.

One is the Bourbon Business hotel on Vieira de Carvalho: it's part of busy commercial area just a block away from the airport bus terminal and Republica metro. There are other hotels on this street, but I didn't check them out.

The other is a recently converted/renovated hotel, the Maraba on Ipiranga. Even here, prices could be a bit over your budget, but they are negotiable.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
Try the Novotel Ibirapuera... a bit old, but best bang for the buck around your price range

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.