IGR-IGU transfer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IGR-IGU transfer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2013, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Question IGR-IGU transfer

Hi all,

I am planning to stay at both side of the fall during my South American trip, can some one please tell me the cost of taxi/bus/shuttles to commute to the airports? Also, do you all think it is better for me to do IGR-GIG direct from AR, how often does AR have their flights delay and cancel in IGR?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 10:07 am

To "commute to the airports" from where exactly?
Local buses cost about R$2,50.
I believe it is more cost effective to fly to Rio from the Brazilian airport (IGU).
Also, IMO there is no need to stay in both Argentina and Brazil in order to see both sides of the park. Just pick one place to settle in and stay.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
My open-jaw ticket is from YYZ-EZE//GIG-YYZ so I will be going to depart from Argentina. The only flight in IGR to Rio is AR, and I've heard many negative feedbacks from them...

Last edited by Jma12; Apr 3, 2013 at 12:27 pm
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by J_rob129
My open-jay ticket is from YYZ-EZE//GIG-YYZ so I will be going to depart from Argentina.
which is not particularly relevant to how you get from the falls to Rio, since it is quite easy to get around the area and most tourists visit both sides of the park. How to get from the falls to Rio seemed to be the question you were asking.

Perhaps I'm confused. You asked...
Originally Posted by J_rob129
... do you all think it is better for me to do IGR-GIG direct from AR...
and I answered that it may be cheaper to fly to Rio from IGU (airport on the Brazilian side) and there may be more flights to choose from out of IGU, but that it didn't necessarily require a stay on both sides in order to do this.

In the area of the falls and the park and towns on both sides (Brazil and Argentina) and both airports, you can get around by local public bus, but of course taxis are an option, and private drivers (or reserved taxis) may be available on request (at your accomodation).
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, can you tell me how much does it cost to cross the border by taxi? I hope it is not expensive
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:20 pm

I'd estimate about R$80-100 (or equiv. in pesos in the other direction).
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If you don't have too many bags, the bus from the center of Iguaçu Falls takes about 30-35 mins, costs only a few reais and runs around every 20 mins.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
You've already been given good advice.

If the Falls is the only destination you'll be visiting between Buenos Aires and Rio, look at AEP/EZE - IGR flights and then IGU - GIG/SDU flights.

It is very easy to travel between Argentina and Brazil in this area. You must stop at Argentine immigration when you leave Argentina. If you travel by bus will have to get off the bus and clear immigration, sometimes the bus won't wait and you will have to wait until the next bus comes along. Many people enter/exit Brazil without stopping at immigration - I don't advise you to bypass immigration. I choose to use a taxi for a trip from Foz du Iguacu to Puerto Iguazu last year and made the taxi stop briefly at Brazil immigration when I left; the cost was 45 reals. It is very easy to stay on one side of the falls and get a taxi to the airport on the other side, in your case if you stay on the Argentine side it's easy to get transport to IGU airport from there. Just allow time for immigration formalities at the border.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

I booked a ticket with AR leaving from IGR instead of going to IGU. Can't wait to see the falls next week!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.