Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

OT: East Midlands Airport Taxi company

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: East Midlands Airport Taxi company

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2009, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
East Midlands Airport Taxi company

Apologies for the OT, however as this forum has a close connection with EMA I thought I'd ask here first.

I need to arrange transport for two, travelling from EMA to Chesterfield on Friday morning. Could anyone local (or otherwise if you have relevant experience) give me the name of a reputable taxi firm and if possible indicate to me a 'sensible' fare for this journey- the East Midlands is a part of England I know very little about.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 3:53 pm

National Express has singles at £12 and returns for £15. However, their AM direct departures to Chesterfield may not suit your schedule. The first leaves at 02:35 and the other at 11:10. PM departures are a little more frequent.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a bus right from the terminal that takes you to Derby station, from where the HST only takes half an hour to the centre of Chesterfield.

Unless you're talking about an extreme scenario like two elderly Japanese with a boatload of luggage, this is probably the best option for comfort/speed/value. I've never taken a taxi out of EMA, but I'd expect to pay around 50 quid for the journey.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 11:04 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Check the EMA website - it refers to a taxi company site where you can get a quote.

http://www.eastmidlandsairport.com/e...f/Content/Taxi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.