Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

SO FRUSTRATED has anyone got a uk cust relations contact for BMI

SO FRUSTRATED has anyone got a uk cust relations contact for BMI

Old Jun 11, 09, 2:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
Angry SO FRUSTRATED has anyone got a uk cust relations contact for BMI

Hi guys, i need help and am so utterly frustrated .

I have a BMI MBNA credit card and have acrued 29,000 miles.

They have apparently been sent from MBNA to BMI but BMI havent recieved them. after going through numerous indian call centres i managed to get through to the uk call centre, who promised to look into this and call me back. they never did.
i again called the uk call centre who promised to look into this and call me back. they never did.
For a 3rd time, i called the uk call centre who promised to look into this and call me back again. Again they never did.

i could cry/scream i am so frustrated

So does anyone have the email or number or address of a customer service rep at BMI who actually does call back and fix things?

Any help would be so much appreciated. i think i am going mad!
Old Jun 11, 09, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Maybe you should first get written proof that MBNA has credited Diamond Club, and with this info, then send it to the DC centre to say .. well, here it is.

No use calling really.. cos they have to see it that the former has sent the info in.

I had a 1000 miles credit from Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors said that they have sent it. DC said they haven't gotten it. So I got my invoice and faxed it to DC.

Well, I am still waiting but at least there is proof of my stay.
Old Jun 11, 09, 3:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by bananacake View Post
So does anyone have the email or number or address of a customer service rep at BMI who actually does call back and fix things?
The "READ THIS FIRST" sticky, and the bmi FAQ #1, should help you.
Old Jun 11, 09, 3:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Sounds more like the regular scenario where MBNA have set up a new Diamond Club account for the OP. The ICC if they are looking won't see miles in the member account, but won't be looking for the new account.

bananacake - I wouldn't bother with trying to get written confirmation from MBNA of the miles being transferred. The easiest way to sort this is to send a PM to Joanna at Diamond Club. She is on FT as diamond club

Send her your account DC number and the relevant background information and she will look into it for you and put it right. Give her some time though as she covers a lot of stuff for DC members. She should be able to resolve it even if it an issue with the new DC software rather than MBNA setting up a new account.
Old Jun 11, 09, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Why not ring MBNA and ask what number BMI account they have been sending the miles to? That should sort out the issue.
Old Jun 11, 09, 4:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
Or spend less time on the phone to call centres and spent 10 minutes writing a quick, brief letter to Customer Relations. It will take longer but you will get you are owed and possibly even a little more.
Old Jun 11, 09, 4:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Why not ring MBNA and ask what number BMI account they have been sending the miles to? That should sort out the issue.
MBNA haven't been able to provide that information when my colleague took that route last year. It took the magic touch of Joanna to sort it. You would expect MBNA to know wouldn't you? (Certainly the couple of agents he spoke to didn't at least)
Old Jun 11, 09, 4:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
Smile Thanks All!

Happy happy happy days, joanna has sorted this out Horray!

Last edited by bananacake; Jun 11, 09 at 5:01 am Reason: removing an email address
Old Jun 11, 09, 12:30 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by bananacake View Post
Happy happy happy days, joanna has sorted this out Horray!
The start of a beautiful friendship .....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: