Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with my Trip: LHR - JNB

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2009, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator Gold, Flying Blue Gold , Hilton HHonours Gold, BA Club Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Help with my Trip: LHR - JNB

All,

I am throwing myself upon the mercy of all the experienced travellers on this board.

I have a trip to JNB in H class. Does anyone know what class this is? I believe it is a strain of economy, anyone flown it before?

As a *G holder, do I have any prospect of an upgrade? Can one be bought at the desk?

I get in early in the morning, does anyone know if there is a star alliance lounge where I can get a shower and some breakfast?

Thanks
Old Jun 5, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
Originally Posted by blairk2
All,

I am throwing myself upon the mercy of all the experienced travellers on this board.

I have a trip to JNB in H class. Does anyone know what class this is? I believe it is a strain of economy, anyone flown it before?

As a *G holder, do I have any prospect of an upgrade? Can one be bought at the desk?

I get in early in the morning, does anyone know if there is a star alliance lounge where I can get a shower and some breakfast?

Thanks
I'm guessing you're flying direct with SAA? H class is economy and most airlines will use this code simply for yield management purposes i.e. it won't mean you're stuck right at the back of the plane!

Arrivals lounges are usually only for premium cabin passengers. I'm not familiar with SAA lounges and access policy. Have you thought to call them?

Worth asking for the chance of a paid upgrade at check in. These days airlines are finding premium cabins difficult to fill so they might offer you something attractive 'space available' on the day.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 3:39 pm

There is no arrivals lounge for *G and most likely you will be asked to pay the fare difference if Y is not overbooked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.