FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Gold card issuance with new BD Diamond Club Number? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/955347-gold-card-issuance-new-bd-diamond-club-number.html)

mwitiiram May 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Gold card issuance with new BD Diamond Club Number?

I've recently attained BD Gold, about 2.5 weeks before the systemwide upgrade. I requested a new card before the upgrade but with the number change, will BD honor the prior request? I'm curious as I haven't received any card yet. I went to the request new tags and card screen and now it's saying I can request through the service center. I'm stateside so I'd like to avoid calling and being on a wait wasting $$$. Suggestions?

GoldCircle May 18, 2009 3:03 pm

Has your status updated online yet? If so, your card will issue automatically.

If it hasn't, there' no point ordering a card - it will be silver.

Anyway, you'll have received the recent email with instructions about when to start using the new longer number?

Originally Posted by Keeley baby, Yeah
Thank you for your patience whilst we updated our Diamond Club system. We’re pleased to announce that the new system is now live.

There are still changes to be made on our website which will be completed over the next few days. Detailed below are some changes
we’d like you to be aware of.

11 digit membership number

Your Diamond Club membership number has changed from 8 to 11 digits:

• You can log into your Diamond Club online account using your 8 or 11 digit membership number and still use your existing password.
• When you view your Diamond Club details online you will see your new 11 digit number
• Your new 11 digit number will now always be the same and won’t change, even if your tier status does
• When your membership year renews you will be sent a new membership card with your 11 digit number. Please start to use your new
number when it arrives. Until then, please continue to use the number on your existing membership card
Your miles will still be credited when you quote your old 8 digit number in a booking
• There is no need to update your membership number in any existing bookings.

So, I'd take a chill pill, er, I mean take a number :D and it will all come right soon enough.

antichef May 18, 2009 3:06 pm

the answer is to do nothing and not worry. they have informed us that the new number will be issued as and when our cards are REISSUED. so i (who had my gold renewed in march) will wait until next march until the new number is issued, you might be one way or the other (probably the other ;)) and you will have to wait and see.

what is the difference? precisely nothing, as we are in transition - so it will not make a $0.01 of difference.

if you have on "old" number then you will have a new one in 12 months time. i can safely predict that at least 10% of all card holders will be given their new cards and new numbers every month for the next year.

Traveloguy May 18, 2009 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by antichef (Post 11768642)
i can safely predict that at least 10% of all card holders will be given their new cards and new numbers every month for the next year.

Don't you mean an average of 8.33% per month will receive new cards and new numbers each month? ;)

mwitiiram May 18, 2009 7:12 pm

To be honest, I wouldn't really worry about it if I were flying BD. I'm booked on VS in Y to LHR in June (two trips actually) and I would like access to the VS Clubhouse at LHR and accroding to the BD website, I need my Gold card. Anyone stateside know how long it takes for cards to come from the UK?

antichef May 19, 2009 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Traveloguy (Post 11768719)
Don't you mean an average of 8.33% per month will receive new cards and new numbers each month? ;)

I would not wish you to let anybody know that although I can divide by twelve, I have sought guidance from my local MP on how best to present the results to the public.
If the answer is not totally accurate then I regret my error of judgement.

Must dash, the head groundsman has asked me to inspect the moat, which appears to be blocked. He says it looks like lots of old receipts and flight BP's ;)

FlyingOnceMore May 19, 2009 1:25 am

Originally Posted by antichef (Post 11770913)

Must dash, the head groundsman has asked me to inspect the moat, which appears to be blocked. He says it looks like lots of old receipts and flight BP's ;)

This month's second home has a blocked moat too? :eek: How much did you claim to clear the moat on last month's second home?........and have you finalised the plans for the new kitchen for next month's second home yet?

grizu May 19, 2009 2:58 am

Originally Posted by mwitiiram (Post 11769617)
Anyone stateside know how long it takes for cards to come from the UK?

It took them more than a month when I became Gold lasts year.

ThrustReverse May 19, 2009 9:13 am

No DC*G welcome pack till now....

Hi, BD grant me gold status in march and I´m very thankfull for that ^ but
I did not receive my welcome pack till now! :(

ThrustReverse

mwitiiram May 28, 2009 2:38 pm

I received a e-mail from the lovely Joanna who said "A new gold card was ordered for you on 24th April, hopefully you have now received this from us." Hopefully I'll get it soon. In the event that I don't, any way I can get into the VS Clubhouse for my VS trips in Y?

mwitiiram Jun 4, 2009 10:28 pm

So about a month and a half after my card was ordered I realized bmi didn't have my state in my address. They had it as:

Mr. xxx
123 Any Street
City
Zipcode
USA

Missing the state. No wonder it never got here. bmi site is a bit quirky and I'm having trouble updating. Might have to try again in the morning.

frankvb Jun 5, 2009 3:23 am

Originally Posted by mwitiiram (Post 11858631)
Missing the state. No wonder it never got here.

Is USPS so stupid that they can't figure out the state from your zipcode & city :eek:

Hanseat Jun 5, 2009 11:26 am

Originally Posted by frankvb (Post 11859221)
Is USPS so stupid that they can't figure out the state from your zipcode & city :eek:

I thought the same, must be fantastic customer service. ;)

mwitiiram Jun 5, 2009 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by frankvb (Post 11859221)

Oh no, they'll figure it out. Eventually. Whether or not it happens this decade is the big question. I'm reminded of an article about a year ago in which USPS delivered a 1950s era Christmas card...