FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   No more direct LHR - SIN redemptions in C or F? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/953702-no-more-direct-lhr-sin-redemptions-c-f.html)

monkeymagic May 13, 2009 1:23 pm

No more direct LHR - SIN redemptions in C or F?

Hi all,

Sorry if this issue has been covered before on the main redemption thread. I tried to find an answer but with 56 pages of posts my eyes may have lost focus after a while!

I was looking ahead to next year (April) and was looking at the ANA tool to fly LHR - SIN. However, it would seem that there are no flights available in C or F as business and first redemptions are not permitted on the A380 or B777. These aircraft now take up all of SQ's slots. Does this mean we are effectively blocked from redeeming premium seats on the LHR - SIN (and also the SIN - SYD) route. Any tips or recommendations at all?

Thanks

Raffles May 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Yes. However, SQ must change this policy soon - its difficult to see how long they can keep it up with more A380's arriving.

However, plenty of other options - I'm doing LCY-MUC-SIN on Lufty tomorrow. You can also do SQ from other European gateways (and still Manchester?).

stargold May 13, 2009 2:46 pm

SQ is still possible from CPH, AMS, FCO and MAN. However, those destinations are all operated by 772ER which means no F, and only Spacebeds in C.

FRA is still theoretically possible in F and C since it is still operated by 744, but there have been reports of all F and C reward space being pulled from both SIN-FRA-JFK and SIN-NRT-LAX which seems to indicate either 1. a Starnet glitch, or 2. indicative of an impending switch to 77W. Either way, without FRA being open for redemptions, the only possibilities to/from Europe is the 772ER in C at the moment.

20-Horse May 13, 2009 3:12 pm

For what it is worth, I spent a day or two nosing around all sorts of dates and combinations for a one way SIN LHR, and although I could get C in SIN, I really wanted F.

I settled on LH SIN FRA F, FRA LHR C, 2 pax, one way 330 days out and got it with a little prodding to the ICC, gave them the exact flight numbers and then "Seats have become available now that I know the flight numbers Mr. 20-Horse".

I did this before the miles went up for F and before the 10k surcharge for LH F and of course, you can't use Cash and Miles for F in LH.

I am happy enough to be doing F SIN FRA, remember that I read elsewhere that LH release seats 360 days out, LX 340 days out.

Worth considering.

Good luck

20-Horse

Raffles May 13, 2009 3:16 pm

You should also note that ANA has a blind spot about Munich - LH does a lot of long-hauls from there but ANA rarely shows them as an option. I am doing LCY-MUC-SIN tomorrow as it happens.

Advantage for F travellers is that MUC long-hauls are usually A340's which has solo seats in F, instead of the 2-2 on the 747's that go from FRA.

2035 May 13, 2009 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by stargold (Post 11743725)
SQ is still possible from CPH, AMS, FCO and MAN. However, those destinations are all operated by 772ER which means no F, and only Spacebeds in C.

FRA is still theoretically possible in F and C since it is still operated by 744, but there have been reports of all F and C reward space being pulled from both SIN-FRA-JFK and SIN-NRT-LAX which seems to indicate either 1. a Starnet glitch, or 2. indicative of an impending switch to 77W. Either way, without FRA being open for redemptions, the only possibilities to/from Europe is the 772ER in C at the moment.

FRA-SIN is still possible in SQ F class - booked it last week before the miles went up, for this month. Pretty good availality close to the time.

stargold May 14, 2009 4:28 am

Originally Posted by 2035 (Post 11745986)
FRA-SIN is still possible in SQ F class - booked it last week before the miles went up, for this month. Pretty good availality close to the time.

Normally, I agree. But look at the next 4 days for example. Normally, SQ25/26 becomes wide open in all 3 classes unless the flight is full. Now, there is absolutely nothing in F or C. Hence my comments about either a Starnet glitch or a permanent withdrawal due to an impending equipment swap.