Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC Partner: Free Hilton Silver / Gold VIP card AND double points & miles to 31/8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Partner: Free Hilton Silver / Gold VIP card AND double points & miles to 31/8

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Frequency of flying and hotel stays

My BA and BD Golds were renewed in February, so I have all the lounge access I need for a while. (I have not had this offer through BA though).

{Oxon Flyer did ask about reporting the eligible programs } Well when I got Marriott Gold, it did tempt me to use them a few times as I got a room upgrade, but as I have not used them enough to maintain Gold this year so it will soft land down the tiers. As IHG Plat I still regularly get a room upgrade. My Best Western went down to Gold this year, but I dont think I can see me using them much so it will soft land to nothing. My SAS gold has also lapsed during this year. When over 200 nights per year were away the bling of the cards is easily acquired, although I got that down to about 150 nights last year. I found I was changing hotel chains every week or every month for a bit of variety! That was before FT taught me how to hotel bed-hop to be a points tart!!

Mrs Antichef is BD*S but she has not got the HHonors offer at all either, not that she would notice.

Quality of life has picked up in inverse proportion to the travel downturn [not counting that I have discovered mrs antichef snores!!]. I doubt that I will do much serious hotel stays until later this year when work threatens to have me away 4-5 days a week for a few months, and flights and points will start to crank up again. I dont expect to make the points bonus offered here by HH, but might be tempted to give them a go later in the year. In that respect it gives a relatively cheap low cost win for them. If I like it I might transfer some of my business to them, but probably unlikely as they are not where I usually am going (other than transit through LHR - which I am desperately trying to avoid).

Whilst my travel patterns and hotel stays are vastly reduced since last December I am not at all unhappy about it! Clearly that is the effect that carriers and hotels are seeing more widely - and why we are getting these offers.
Old May 11, 2009, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Just to confirm, I've a diamond HH, and nothing has come through the post, so I'd assume either I'm unloved, or they're being clever and checking status.

As for BMI partner letters... have I made a schoolboy error and not ticked the right box somewhere? I don't remember getting any. I'm guessing I've not signed up to partner letters?
Old May 11, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Nothing for myself or Mrs RAPC in the post today, so it's two more stays for Starwood this week then.
Old May 11, 2009, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I see those funny people over on the BA Board seem to have a similar offer being thrown at them.
Typical of BMI, I got the HH silver offer via BA although I'm now just Blue. Who knows, maybe tomorrows post will bring me a BMI HH Gold offer
Old May 13, 2009, 8:43 am
ICA

Programs: DL Plat, JL Diamond, TK Elite, A3 Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
I have a BD*G account and am already Silver VIP at HH...
Let's see are they going to send me a new (Gold?) HH card or not...
Will report here if any posty came.

Or, maybe I will get another HH VIP as an AF E+ member
Old May 19, 2009, 2:35 pm
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Just got mine on my return from DUB... only its on a United Mileage Plus and Hilton Honors branded mail out. I got a Gold Valid through 03/2011... I have not credited miles to UA for about 2 years, however I was diverting all my Priority Club points to keep my mileage balance the alive... I stopped doing that in Jan this year...

tht
Old Jun 3, 2009, 3:46 pm

Programs: OZ Silver, BA Gold, EK Silver, SPG/Marriot Gold, IHG Platinum
Gold Membership

I received a Gold Membership for Hilton HH, which is valid until 2011. I am not sure if this is because I have been BD*G for some time. I have a few plans to stay in Hilton, so this is a very welcome bonus!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA-Plat, SAS Gold, Marriott-Gold, Hilton-DIA,SPG-Gold
is there a link for the HH gold or that person that does not need the status...feel free to pm me
Old Jun 5, 2009, 6:12 am

This thread is not about links or comping. There is a new hotel partnership started between bmi and Hilton. We have each received a targeted mailshot from HH (see post #1), presumably based on our bmi status.

This thread is about people posting what offer they have received IN THE LETTER POSTED TO THEM and trying to guess what links to bmi status it might have (if any).
Old Jun 5, 2009, 6:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by antichef
This thread is not about links or comping. There is a new hotel partnership started between bmi and Hilton. We have each received a targeted mailshot from HH (see post #1), presumably based on our bmi status.
Or in what appears to be the majority of cases, has NOT been received by members at all status levels. However for those who have received something, then ^
Old Jun 5, 2009, 7:33 am

its no big deal - i have tried to make two separate bookings since "acquiring" the new status, and in both cases the booking system was a nightmare, so i ditched it and went back to normal.... so as a marketing tool it worked, but the sales follow up to it was a flop.

Then i remembered that this was the special partnership link with bmi and thought that my new Gold number got put to a SPECIAL software booking service that would make us feel at home
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Hilton code for this promotion?

Is there a Hilton promo code for the BD compl. HH Gold status? I'm going to call Hilton about this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.