Reward Tickets Help please

Old May 8, 09, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, DC, IC
Reward Tickets Help please

Hi All, been looking at the master thread and looking at the ANA tool. Am looking to do Singapore, Bali, KL all from Manchester, however am finding it hard to find avail in Business Class this even looking 330 days ahead, I can find say outbound but no inbound or the other way round.

Am I missing something?
Is a plan to book to out bound as soon as issued and the wait two weeks or so till the inbound are issued.

Any other help plesase

Seems also even the states are tight for tickets if I change my plans

Thanks

Neil
Old May 8, 09, 4:46 am

Programs: BD G lapsed, EY silver lapsed, EK silver lapsed, BA blue
Sounds like your having problems reading the ANA tool.

If the outbound flight is available, you see a bright orange box. If the return flight is available, then there is a very pale orange box below.

An easy way to check is simply to ignore the return and check one way journeys sector by sector.

Hope this helps

Grantosol
Old May 8, 09, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Read the sticky on getting the ANA tool to work.

Your problem is partly because you want to start in MAN, so your trip may require 3 flights (MAN-LHR, LHR-FRA, FRA-SIN say) and ANA can't cope with more than 2.

Look at staralliance.com for MAN-SIN and see what your options are (the staralliance.com timetable can cope with multiple connections so you should see all options). Look for a day either side of your preferred day as not all airlines fly to SIN daily. Then, look for the LONG-HAUL ONLY on ANA, ie FRA-SIN, MUC-SIN etc. You will easily find availability. Then look for suitable connections from MAN. Write down all the flight numbers etc then ring Pune to book.

For ZRH-SIN availability, post your preferred date on the 'Please check availability ...' thread and someone will look it up for you (Swiss is not on ANA).
Old May 8, 09, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Your problem is partly because you want to start in MAN, so your trip may require 3 flights (MAN-LHR, LHR-FRA, FRA-SIN say) and ANA can't cope with more than 2.
You can search more than two flights at a time using the ANA tool.

1. Choose to search Use Star Alliance Member Airlines. This allows you to search for return flights.

2. Now click Flight Search at the bottom. This allows you to search for up to 12 sectors at a time!

I used it for searching BKK-NRT-HKG-BKK - very handy and saves a lot of time. This means you can do all your sectors in one go... MAN-LHR, LHR-FRA, FRA-SIN, etc and back.

Hope this helps
Old May 8, 09, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
I know this is just an example, but remember there are direct connecting flights available from MAN to/from FRA, MUC, ZRH etc, which don't therefore require connection through LHR to get to the start point for your long haul flight.
Old May 8, 09, 10:48 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
And quite often the ANA tool has trouble with non standard connections out of MAN. My advice - accept that in 90% of cases there will be a seat in C or Y on MAN-FRA/MUC/ZRH, then search longhaul flights from the hub. This tactic is quite often essential if, for example, you want MAN-FRA-SIN-HKG, as the route already has a connection.

You can use the multi-city option at the end to verify your trip.
Old May 9, 09, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, DC, IC
Its all clearer now many thanks

Search this Thread