Rant: bmi

Old May 1, 09, 12:36 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mevaseret Zion Israel
Programs: TP-LY, Sen-LH, Gold-CO, Silver-BA, HH - Gold
Posts: 34
Thumbs down bmi

I tend to fly Bmi in Europe as I am a Senator on LH, I find bmi to be the worst member within Star Alliance, the aircraft are always dirty, under maintaned (at least the interior) lavatories always stinck and dirty like a pig farm went through there. But above and beyond is the "excellent" service, I have to say that the service on BMIBABY is 10 times better than bmi main line. Now I heard that bmi are upgrading their service to Israel to the A330, my only question is how can they fly to Israel without having Israel on their map...both in the inflight magazine and in the flying map...
gal Rosenberg is offline  
Old May 1, 09, 12:40 pm
  #2  
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LON
Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,000
Originally Posted by gal Rosenberg View Post
I tend to fly Bmi in Europe as I am a Senator on LH, I find bmi to be the worst member within Star Alliance, the aircraft are always dirty, under maintaned (at least the interior) lavatories always stinck and dirty like a pig farm went through there. But above and beyond is the "excellent" service, I have to say that the service on BMIBABY is 10 times better than bmi main line. Now I heard that bmi are upgrading their service to Israel to the A330, my only question is how can they fly to Israel without having Israel on their map...both in the inflight magazine and in the flying map...
Oh the paranoia. I assume the crew do not use the inflight magazine or moving map to navigate.
squeeler is offline  
Old May 1, 09, 12:40 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 774
Originally Posted by gal Rosenberg View Post
I have to say that the service on BMIBABY is 10 times better than bmi main line.
Interesting, my experience is exactly opposite of that. I find mainline great, baby not so much. In fact I have begun to actively avoid WW as they are unreliable and unpleasant on board.

Brian.
BrianDromey is offline  
Old May 1, 09, 12:41 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Posts: 14,500
Surely there are worse *A partner airlines ?
Just think of US as one example.
Rambuster is offline  
Old May 1, 09, 12:54 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: London, UK and Southern France
Posts: 16,145
Originally Posted by BrianDromey View Post
Interesting, my experience is exactly opposite of that. I find mainline great, baby not so much. In fact I have begun to actively avoid WW as they are unreliable and unpleasant on board.

Brian.
Ditto here. After a few experiences in which WW were trying and succeeding in out-FRing FR, I have not set foot on a WW plane.

As far as BD mainline is concerned, while I have had the odd negative experience now and then, over the years, my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. The only consistently blackspot in recent years has been the rather poor catering in short-haul C. Other than that, I am a fairly happy bunny with BD.
NickB is offline  
Old May 1, 09, 1:26 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mevaseret Zion Israel
Programs: TP-LY, Sen-LH, Gold-CO, Silver-BA, HH - Gold
Posts: 34
BMI

maybe I try and compare their service to BA or even to LH/OS/LX...and I shouldn't if you compare them to FR well yes they are better...
As for Baby, I fly with them regularly into Cardiff and never had any issues...
gal Rosenberg is offline  
Old May 1, 09, 1:28 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mevaseret Zion Israel
Programs: TP-LY, Sen-LH, Gold-CO, Silver-BA, HH - Gold
Posts: 34
Dah, my point is, why do you fly to a place and not put it on your route map?
gal Rosenberg is offline  
Old May 1, 09, 1:37 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SIN 5 days out of 7
Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BAG/OWE, Accor Gold
Posts: 5,477
That is quite clearly answered in the thread on that topic.
jbfield is offline  
Old May 1, 09, 1:53 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester, England
Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Posts: 7,314
Originally Posted by gal Rosenberg View Post
Dah, my point is, why do you fly to a place and not put it on your route map?
Let's no politicise things. bmi have already explained how they acquired the planes and that they are changing the in-flight maps to be in line with the other planes in the fleet that do feature Israel correctly.

Nothing more to it than that. As for the planes, my experiences are very different to yours I'm pleased to say. Not the best by any stretch in Star Alliance, but certainly better than a number of fellow members too.

Last edited by RAPC; May 1, 09 at 2:27 pm
RAPC is offline  
Old May 1, 09, 2:41 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On the road
Programs: Too many to list
Posts: 1,051
You really need to fly US based airlines more. BMI will seem like heaven.

Besides, it may not be the best *A airline, but, as of yet, IMO, it is still the best *A FF program.
Cheapskate Travels is offline  
Old May 1, 09, 3:08 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: DUB - Ireland
Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Posts: 8,525
Originally Posted by gal Rosenberg View Post
Dah, my point is, why do you fly to a place and not put it on your route map?
Since this is the driving force behind this thread, and there already have been multiple threads around bmi and route maps today, I feel no good will come from leaving this thread open.

Accordingly, this thread is closed and you may follow a civil, apolitical discussion on bmi, route maps and strategies for wiping egg from one's face here. Thread closed, without prejudice.
--
GoldCircle
bmi Forum Mod Team

Last edited by GoldCircle; May 1, 09 at 3:16 pm
GoldCircle is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread