Rant: bmi

Old May 1, 2009, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: TP-LY, Sen-LH, Gold-CO, Silver-BA, HH - Gold
Thumbs down bmi

I tend to fly Bmi in Europe as I am a Senator on LH, I find bmi to be the worst member within Star Alliance, the aircraft are always dirty, under maintaned (at least the interior) lavatories always stinck and dirty like a pig farm went through there. But above and beyond is the "excellent" service, I have to say that the service on BMIBABY is 10 times better than bmi main line. Now I heard that bmi are upgrading their service to Israel to the A330, my only question is how can they fly to Israel without having Israel on their map...both in the inflight magazine and in the flying map...
Old May 1, 2009, 11:40 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gal Rosenberg
I tend to fly Bmi in Europe as I am a Senator on LH, I find bmi to be the worst member within Star Alliance, the aircraft are always dirty, under maintaned (at least the interior) lavatories always stinck and dirty like a pig farm went through there. But above and beyond is the "excellent" service, I have to say that the service on BMIBABY is 10 times better than bmi main line. Now I heard that bmi are upgrading their service to Israel to the A330, my only question is how can they fly to Israel without having Israel on their map...both in the inflight magazine and in the flying map...
Oh the paranoia. I assume the crew do not use the inflight magazine or moving map to navigate.
Old May 1, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I have to say that the service on BMIBABY is 10 times better than bmi main line.
Interesting, my experience is exactly opposite of that. I find mainline great, baby not so much. In fact I have begun to actively avoid WW as they are unreliable and unpleasant on board.

Brian.
Old May 1, 2009, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Surely there are worse *A partner airlines ?
Just think of US as one example.
Old May 1, 2009, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Interesting, my experience is exactly opposite of that. I find mainline great, baby not so much. In fact I have begun to actively avoid WW as they are unreliable and unpleasant on board.

Brian.
Ditto here. After a few experiences in which WW were trying and succeeding in out-FRing FR, I have not set foot on a WW plane.

As far as BD mainline is concerned, while I have had the odd negative experience now and then, over the years, my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. The only consistently blackspot in recent years has been the rather poor catering in short-haul C. Other than that, I am a fairly happy bunny with BD.
Old May 1, 2009, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

BMI

maybe I try and compare their service to BA or even to LH/OS/LX...and I shouldn't if you compare them to FR well yes they are better...
As for Baby, I fly with them regularly into Cardiff and never had any issues...
Old May 1, 2009, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Dah, my point is, why do you fly to a place and not put it on your route map?
Old May 1, 2009, 12:37 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
That is quite clearly answered in the thread on that topic.
Old May 1, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Let's no politicise things. bmi have already explained how they acquired the planes and that they are changing the in-flight maps to be in line with the other planes in the fleet that do feature Israel correctly.

Nothing more to it than that. As for the planes, my experiences are very different to yours I'm pleased to say. Not the best by any stretch in Star Alliance, but certainly better than a number of fellow members too.

Last edited by RAPC; May 1, 2009 at 1:27 pm
Old May 1, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: Too many to list
You really need to fly US based airlines more. BMI will seem like heaven.

Besides, it may not be the best *A airline, but, as of yet, IMO, it is still the best *A FF program.
Old May 1, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Since this is the driving force behind this thread, and there already have been multiple threads around bmi and route maps today, I feel no good will come from leaving this thread open.

Accordingly, this thread is closed and you may follow a civil, apolitical discussion on bmi, route maps and strategies for wiping egg from one's face here. Thread closed, without prejudice.
--
GoldCircle
bmi Forum Mod Team

Last edited by GoldCircle; May 1, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.