Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

No show on a redemption, how much will I get back?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Hi,
i was not able to fly this week on a return flight which cost me 9000 miles and 103 pounds for tax. What is the best way to proceed to get as much as possible back?
TIA.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:52 am

Programs: AA PLT, PC PLT, BAEC, QFF
Originally Posted by royalpool
Hi,
i was not able to fly this week on a return flight which cost me 9000 miles and 103 pounds for tax. What is the best way to proceed to get as much as possible back?
TIA.
The general rule for most tickets are that if you are no show then you forfeit 100% of your ticket.. which i think that includes the tax+charges. If you cancel before the day of travel on the other hand... while you would probably still lose your miles you should be able to claim some of the tax back.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:00 pm

Programs: F
I believe I was once told by a "reliable source" that for a no-show on a bmi redemption you will get your cash+tax back. If you want your miles back too you need a persuasive reason!

Me: XX says that a no-show would result in loss of miles but that one would still get the cash back less £25 - is this really correct?!

Reply: No it's not correct, a no-show would still get the miles refunded, we would just need the ticket/e-ticket sending into our admin team and they would refund the miles and then sent to refunds. It wouldn't be automtic as a no show wouldn't be queued to refunds.

T&C's 5.9 is in place to cover us if we think a member is fiddling the system and then NO we won't refund the miles. If it's a honest case (e.g couldn't travel for illness/stuck in a traffic jam etc) then we would use our discretion and refund the miles for a no show.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by akira22098
If you cancel before the day of travel on the other hand... while you would probably still lose your miles you should be able to claim some of the tax back.
24 hours before is only a £25 cancellation charge, you'd get back all the rest of cash+miles

After the flight has left you might be able to get back some of the taxes, but its unlikely and might have an admin charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.