Promo: Austrian Airlines

Old Apr 11, 09, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Amb Gold, Marriott Plat, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, BA Blue, FB Ivory
Austrian Airlines

There's a Red Ticket sale on OS this weekend. Some of the fares look good (St Petersburg from LHR for example for around 130),

No idea what booking class these are though. Can anyone clarify whether these are BMI miles earning fares?
Old Apr 11, 09, 2:02 am

The Austrian website is quite nice, as it shows you the booking class in the next step after you've choosen the times of flight.

For example I looked at the LHR -> VIE -> LED route, they seem to book into class S, meaning they earn half the miles (multiplier is 0.5). But as far as I remember, there might also be other red tickets which book into fare class O, they won't earn at all.
Old Apr 11, 09, 3:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
The fares are great (thanks NorthOrSouth for posting) but a lot of the economy offers seem to require a 7 day minimum stay as far as I can see. Great for nesting a couple of trips but not much use for a weekend away.
Old Apr 11, 09, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by ajamieson View Post
The fares are great (thanks NorthOrSouth for posting) but a lot of the economy offers seem to require a 7 day minimum stay as far as I can see. Great for nesting a couple of trips but not much use for a weekend away.
These only have the Saturday night rule. Lots more availability for quick weekends the further ahead you look.
Old Apr 11, 09, 4:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
Whenever I click on the outbound date it zeroes out the next six return dates, for me at least. Will widen my search...
Old Apr 11, 09, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by ajamieson View Post
Will widen my search...
I can price Fri-Sun and Fri-Mon in July for several destinations, LED and KBP being two of them, no problem.
Old Apr 11, 09, 5:18 am

Good spot. I quite fancy Belgrade, always wanted to go.

Search this Thread