FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Promo: Double destinations AND status miles on bmi regional C J D Y fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/941678-double-destinations-status-miles-bmi-regional-c-j-d-y-fares.html)

Oxon Flyer Apr 9, 2009 10:49 am

Double destinations AND status miles on bmi regional C J D Y fares

From today's DC April newsletter email :

Double miles on bmi Regional flights
Would you like to boost your status and destinations miles?

Take off in Business Class before the end of April 2009 and we'll reward you with double status and destinations miles.

Terms and conditions
1. Double destinations miles and double status miles will be awarded for travel on any bmi Regional flight taken between 1 March and 30 April 2009. 2. Double miles will only be awarded for travel made in booking classes – C,D, J and Y. 3. Your Diamond Club membership number must be quoted at time of making the booking to ensure miles are credited to your account. 4. Double destinations and status miles will be credited to your Diamond Club account automatically after your flight and are non transferable. 5. Double destinations and status miles will be awarded for any one way or return flights made during the promotional period.

6. bmi Regional routes that apply for this promotion are as follows:-

Flights between Aberdeen and:- Manchester, Norwich, Esbjerg, Groningen, (and Birmingham from 29 March when this new route commences)
Flights between East Midlands and:- Brussels, Cologne
Flights between Edinburgh and:- Leeds, Manchester, Brussels, Copenhagen, Zurich
Flights between Glasgow and:- Leeds, Manchester, Copenhagen
Flights between Leeds and:- Edinburgh, Glasgow, Brussels
Flights between Manchester and:- Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lyon
7.Standard Diamond Club terms and conditions apply. 8. bmi will automatically delete/remove any duplicate/surplus applications and or duplicate miles added. 9. Any retrospective claims for mileage credit must be accompanied by your ticket/ticket receipt/counterfoil as well as your original boarding pass and be made in writing within 6 months of the flown date. 10. The award of and redemption of such destinations miles shall be governed in accordance with the Diamond Club terms and conditions and are strictly subject to availability. 11. bmi Diamond Club reserves the right to change or alter this promotion at any time.
I'm puzzled as to how this promo has apparently been running since 1 March, yet no-one (unless I missed it) has mentioned it here on the board. :confused:

FlyingOnceMore Apr 9, 2009 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 11554643)
I'm puzzled as to how this promo has apparently been running since 1 March, yet no-one (unless I missed it) has mentioned it here on the board. :confused:

I don't recall a thread either. Then again using FT's so-called search on the word "double" would have you believe it's only been used in two threads in the history of this forum :rolleyes:

RAPC Apr 10, 2009 12:56 am

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore (Post 11554710)
I don't recall a thread either. Then again using FT's so-called search on the word "double" would have you believe it's only been used in two threads in the history of this forum :rolleyes:

It's the same useless promo as the one that started last month, with the laughably high fares needed to earn the double miles. Great if you already fly in those fare buckets, but certainly not priced to encourage anyone to specifically give it a go.

As for the old thread, well I can't find it either but I remember making the same comments as above in it first time round :p

TheKipper Apr 10, 2009 2:05 am

Originally Posted by RAPC (Post 11558140)
It's the same useless promo as the one that started last month, with the laughably high fares needed to earn the double miles. Great if you already fly in those fare buckets, but certainly not priced to encourage anyone to specifically give it a go.

As for the old thread, well I can't find it either but I remember making the same comments as above in it first time round :p

Certainly on the LBA to GLA/ EDI routes these are the only fares ever available on the morning flight out and rtn and early evening. So it applies to virtually everyone who flies these routes.

It's normally you mainline boys that get all the extras.. I couldn't understand why i'd got double bubble on a couple of flights but kept my mouth shut and took the brucey bonus.

I'm lined up for a couple of returns later in the month so that should be very profitable.

Thanks bmi:cool:

FlyingOnceMore Apr 10, 2009 10:08 am

Originally Posted by RAPC (Post 11558140)

Normal bmi promo then? Well 99% of the time ;)

TheKipper Apr 10, 2009 10:23 am

Do I remember correctly that I can get triple miles if I put these on my card as well if I don't use the corporate travel agent and buy them through the website?

Could I really get 5x 1200 each way?

RAPC Apr 11, 2009 2:50 am

Originally Posted by TheKipper (Post 11559855)
Do I remember correctly that I can get triple miles if I put these on my card as well if I don't use the corporate travel agent and buy them through the website?

Could I really get 5x 1200 each way?

No.

Triple miles on your card is based on cash spent, not miles flown. So if you paid £200, you'd get 600 miles for the card plus whatever you earn on the promo.

TheKipper Apr 11, 2009 9:02 am

bums

glad i didn't then.

not worth it for 600 miles.