Wrong passenger gender on the reservation

Old Apr 8, 09, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Wrong passenger gender on the reservation

Hello All,

Sorry for new topic, can't find any info, but for future this topic should be easily searchable .
I have reservation for return LHR-EDI flight, for two passengers, one person has 'Mr' instead 'Miss', I guess this gender mismatch could be a source of problems at the airport?, or it doesn't really matter?.
I guess it is worth to have it corrected, called ICC, female agent told me that she "will send information to the airport", whatever it may be (if she do it anyway). Could anything else be done in this situation?

Last edited by piotro; Apr 8, 09 at 6:50 am
Old Apr 8, 09, 6:57 am

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI GC, BA EC, AAdvantage, AB Top Bonus
The rule of thumb is that up to three mistakes are permitted in a passenger's name before questions are raised at check in. However this tends to be applied more to spelling errors e.g. Jon instead of John or v.v. not sure if this is extended to the gender of the passenger.

If the 'Mr' who should be 'Miss' has a quite obviously female forename then I can't see a problem considering that the ICC have put notes in the booking to this effect. Might be more difficult if the traveller has a more gender ambiguous name.
Old Apr 8, 09, 7:51 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I had this problem once - I asked the ICC to put a note in the PNR indicating the wrong gender had been entered. Wasn't a problem.

Last edited by GoldCircle; Apr 8, 09 at 7:57 am
Old Apr 8, 09, 8:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
...although when you pass through the photograph-checking chicane prior to entering the domestic pier you might find they are staring at your Adam's Apple...
Old Apr 8, 09, 8:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
and welcome to Flyertalk and the bmi board Mr/Ms piotro
Old Apr 8, 09, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks for help, 'Miss' will be "delighted" to find increased attention from the staff at airport .

(Mr) Piotr
Old Apr 8, 09, 9:35 am

Location: In theory near BHD or ABZ, but usually a hotel in another country
Programs: Seniors Bus Pass, BA Silver
i went through with a group about two weeks ago on the Belfast to Heathrow run for a day return, and everybody had been booked in as Mrs! Albeit that the bulk of the party were male. Didn't cause any problems in any direction.

The name is the same name as in the passport, and you could always cross dress for the day to give the security staff some amusement

Search this Thread