Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Maestro card accepted for award booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Not decided

I have 9,000 sing-up bonus miles, and want to use it to fly
Warsaw-Istanbul on LOT Polish. I have no Visa or Master card because the banks would not let me have one. But I have a mastro card.
Does BMI accept a Mastro card for bonus ticket booking?
Thank you for your answer.
Will be extremely happy to hear from anyone.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Aziz
I have 9,000 sing-up bonus miles, and want to use it to fly
Warsaw-Istanbul on LOT Polish. I have no Visa or Master card because the banks would not let me have one. But I have a mastro card.
Does BMI accept a Mastro card for bonus ticket booking?
Thank you for your answer.
Will be extremely happy to hear from anyone.
Yes, except SQ and LX bookings.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Can someone from outside the UK confirm this. Some places only accept "UK Maestro" as opposed to all Maestro cards.

The reason being is UK Maestro was formerly called Switch and I believe that the systems were not fully integrated before the rebranding. Personally I think they should have retained the Switch brand until everything was integrated in order to avoid confusion.

Note that if you book a euro transaction on flybmi.com (e.g. from Amsterdam - London) then Maestro does not appear as an option.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:49 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Looks like the OP is from germany.

The Maestro Cards there are usually just the bank card and have the account number on it as well as the BLZ bank routing number.

OP: Why dont you get the Dresdner Bank Prepaid Visa ? It costs very little and you can use it for all credit card transactions like a regular Visa card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.