Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Uk-hong kong 2 day stopover - sydney-uk

Old Feb 2, 2009, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BMI*G, BA Blue, Flying Blue, Priority Club Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred.

I would like to go from UK to Hong Kong, stay for 2-3 days, then on to Sydney and then back to UK in C or F.
Any ideas on the best route/airlines to achieve that trip using miles or miles/cash?
Old Feb 2, 2009, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by guitarplayer
I would like to go from UK to Hong Kong, stay for 2-3 days, then on to Sydney and then back to UK in C or F.
Any ideas on the best route/airlines to achieve that trip using miles or miles/cash?
This is one is easy. Air New Zealand LHR-HKG. Then either Air New Zealand again HKG-AKL-SYD or SQ HKG-SIN-SYD.

Availability will be another thing though. Check out the stickies for how to use ANA search tool.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Len Brennan
This is one is easy. Air New Zealand LHR-HKG. Then either Air New Zealand again HKG-AKL-SYD or SQ HKG-SIN-SYD.

Availability will be another thing though. Check out the stickies for how to use ANA search tool.
Yep I agree NZ and SQ are the best routings for this. I'm looking to book something identical and availability is pretty hard to come by. Don't forget to check the others such as TG - good luck!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BMI*G, BA Blue, Flying Blue, Priority Club Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred.
Originally Posted by Len Brennan

I have ANA access, I guess I have to look for the sperate sector availabilty, make note, then call ICC.

Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: BMI
Just an additional note, in my experience (when booking to Bali at least), busienss class taxes and surcharges are much more with TG vs. SQ. Don't assume that they are the same. Worthwhile thinking about if you are lucky enough to find a choice of routes (SQ is much better anyway in IMO).

Jon
Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by monkeymagic
(SQ is much better anyway in IMO).
Completely agree and SQ of course also fly from MAN. If only availability wasn't so difficult... Still can't have it all I suppose!
Old Feb 3, 2009, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

I'm listening, keep the ideas coming.
Thanks.^
Old Feb 3, 2009, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by guitarplayer
I'm listening, keep the ideas coming.
Thanks.^
Agree, NZ is the way to go. You could try LH C. It isn't as good as SQ - but you could probably tolerate it, particularly as LH C is in the nose, and you get the buffet bod nearby. If only LH weren't so skimpy on the food: there is no book the cook! Just avoid the Henkell Trocken.

One routing you could try is:

LH4727 London(LHR) Frankfurt 11:50 14:20 AB6 C
LH738 Frankfurt Hong Kong 17:55 10:45+1 744 C
SQ863 Hong Kong Singapore 13:30 17:10 772 C
SQ219 Singapore Sydney 09:25 18:55 744 C

I'd work backwards from Sydney though: availability is very hard to get on SQ, and even TG seem to be very tight on availability.

Another wildcard is the once a day OZ flight?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by lorkers
Agree, NZ is the way to go. You could try LH C. It isn't as good as SQ - but you could probably tolerate it, particularly as LH C is in the nose, and you get the buffet bod nearby. If only LH weren't so skimpy on the food: there is no book the cook! Just avoid the Henkell Trocken.

One routing you could try is:

LH4727 London(LHR) Frankfurt 11:50 14:20 AB6 C
LH738 Frankfurt Hong Kong 17:55 10:45+1 744 C
SQ863 Hong Kong Singapore 13:30 17:10 772 C
SQ219 Singapore Sydney 09:25 18:55 744 C

I'd work backwards from Sydney though: availability is very hard to get on SQ, and even TG seem to be very tight on availability.

Another wildcard is the once a day OZ flight?
TG to and from SYD is always much harder to find than SQ.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.