Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Leather seats throughout on short haul aircraft...?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum

Just boarded my flight to DUB (A320) and it's the first time I've seen leather seats Down the back as well...
Is this new?
Sitting first row behind Business, in the AC seats ( as some of you might have read in my post yesterday) and I must say legroom is really really tight!!!
Do these aircraft have tighter seat pitch for some reason? Or am I just not used to traveling down the back very often...
Old Jan 15, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Yes, seats are all leather on short haul.

Not surprised re pitch. BD pitch is actually decent, however the silly metal bar on the convertable seats take away what little room there is. Personally I wish they would put in the LX seats which are much more comfortable.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 2:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Yes, seats are all leather on short haul.
Not quite. As per the FAQ, many are still cloth but are being recovered over time.

See this thread from 2006:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...her-seats.html
Old Jan 15, 2009, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Not quite. As per the FAQ, many are still cloth but are being recovered over time.

See this thread from 2006:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...her-seats.html
FWIW, I don't think I have seen a cloth seat on domestic runs since around 2006! Only seem to ever see the plastic feeling leather. Note that I don't count BMED planes as these are mid haul config and not short haul.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 4:24 am

I had one the other week - a genuine short haul a/c. Didn't see the registration though.

I don't like them either - slippery, tatty-looking and the blue clashes with the rest of the kindergarten colour scheme (what wouldn't?).
Old Jan 15, 2009, 5:30 am

...Personally I wish they would put in the LX seats which are much more comfortable.
I'm in total agreement with you on this one. I also think the LX mainline shorthaul cabin is the most aesthetic I've traveled in.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:05 am

I had one the other week - a genuine short haul a/c. Didn't see the registration though.

I don't like them either - slippery, tatty-looking and the blue clashes with the rest of the kindergarten colour scheme (what wouldn't?).
Maybe we need to copy our fellow FT'er over on the QF forum and build a BD version of his site to capture all the configs and regos:

http://www.icns.com.au/qflyer/qantas.html

Obviously I just keep getting the same a/c although that said, I must admit that almost all my recent flights have been on A319s with the exception of an A320 over to AMS.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by allanhuk
I'm in total agreement with you on this one. I also think the LX mainline shorthaul cabin is the most aesthetic I've traveled in.
We are in 100% agreement. The customised Recaro seats they have give acres of legroom, are comfortable and look pretty decent no matter if in Y or J. Overall, LX really are Europe's best carrier at the moment.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:13 am

build a BD version of his site to capture all the configs and regos
...or we could add to the one that already exists
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/8437083-post2.html

It already has exhaustive long-haul and mid-haul configuration information and the only difference between short-haul a/c l is the seat coverings, exterior paint and extent of convertible seating. I suppose we could have the full list for the sake of completeness - perhaps I could add regional, too (before it gets flogged off...)
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:55 am

...or we could add to the one that already exists
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/8437083-post2.html

It already has exhaustive long-haul and mid-haul configuration information and the only difference between short-haul a/c l is the seat coverings, exterior paint and extent of convertible seating. I suppose we could have the full list for the sake of completeness - perhaps I could add regional, too (before it gets flogged off...)
Not a bad idea. That said, it won't be a pretty as QF NB's offering as it will have the usual FT branding, but hey, we won't complain!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.