Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

2nd leg of SQ redemption booking downgraded (due to a/c change)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

I have an existing booking with PVG-SIN (SQ biz) already flown, and SIN-CGK (SQ first) ticketed for March and paid at the biz class rate.

Yesterday I get a new "BMI TRAVEL CONFIRMATION" e-mail indicating that my SIN-CGK was changed from O (first) to I class (biz).

I subsequently logged on to my Krisflyer account and see that the a/c has been changed to the new 2-class A330-300 - which I suppose explains why the changed happened in the first place?

Questions:
1. Since travel has already commenced (meaning that in theory changes are not permitted), will BD re-ticket me back to a 3-class flight with O class, given the circumstances?

2. What should I do - switch to an older 772/773 with F, or try the new A333 in J...
Old Jan 7, 2009, 7:57 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I know personally for a relatively short flight I would definately try the new J. Think what you would be missing.. An F lounge which IMO is fairly poor and not much better than the C lounge, an old semi-reclining regional seat that has seen better days, a quality meal (but you can BTC in C anyway so no problem there) and a lot of trouble ringing up the ICC and messing about.

New J, all in all would be a much better option. The only thing that you will miss is the F service but hey this is SQ, it's service in C beats most airlines in F!
Old Jan 8, 2009, 1:03 am

The new SQ C promises to be very good for a regional business class, I am very excited about that and would definitely go for it on such a short flight. Brand new everything in on the A330, F lounge is not all that much different from C anyhow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.