FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Redemption Help: LON to LAS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/906692-lon-las.html)

Tiger_lily Jan 6, 2009 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 11021023)
Posted on behalf of RAPC and other like minded northerners

Bah humbug:p

Oxon Flyer Jan 6, 2009 8:56 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle (Post 11021029)
I did FRA-MCO in LH C before Christmas, and found I spent the whole flight mentally pointing out the deficiencies in the C service compared to F! :D

Blimey. I pity your travelling companion. :D

GoldCircle Jan 6, 2009 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 11021079)
Blimey. I pity your travelling companion. :D

I never actually opened my mouth to complain... my travelling companion seemed to have a problem with the fact that the macadamia nuts were seved in a bag, rather than a ramekin. Fussy sort, you know...

Still, LH's C seats were very comfortable (and completely flat, with a little help)! ;)

RAPC Jan 6, 2009 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily (Post 11021037)
Bah humbug:p

He is besmirching my good name. I pay for Expertflyer and the super whizzy non-basic version at that!

Tiger_lily Jan 6, 2009 9:18 am

Ha, that's made my afternoon!:D

Kevincm Jan 6, 2009 10:05 am

Hang on.. did I read that right... RAPC PAYING :eek::eek::eek::eek:.
Just gotta check to see if the Four horsemen have skidded past the office.... ;)

Moving on...
UA C... unless it's a reconfigured aircraft (Some are - 747's and 767's - 777's seem to have slightly bigger issue with reconfiguration, then it's akin to BMI PE (reclining seat).

LX C or LH C would be a FAR better option (wedgie bed). LX F obviously would trump.

It could be worth checking the rights and privileges on the ticket as you won't be able to access the lounge as a *S, but should be able to access the lounges on an international itinerary (i think)

Ed Artrocker Jan 6, 2009 11:23 am

Thanks all, I think the deal breaker for LX might be that they don't fly to SFO, via ORD is no good as it's too long in domestic F and LAX is horrid. That said LX F (cash and miles) might swing me to take the pain of an LAX transfer! I think I'll ask over on the other thread about the F avail for LX

How bad are the 'wedgie' beds? I remember reading somewhere about a trick that makes the LH ones truly flat. Anyone know what I'm on about or have I made that up?

Only other issue is the quality of the lounges in C on LH/LX without status, are they any good?

bmi goldenboy Jan 6, 2009 11:57 am

My first choice is always NZ to LAX. I've transited through LAX twice in the past 6 months and didn't have any problems at all but if you prefer not too then think about trying Air Canada via Vancouver or possibly Calgary. Their low taxes and new C is really good in a suite which is basically a cheaper version of the NZ and Virgin one.

I travelled out to ORD on UA's new C on Boxing day and its really very good :eek: (never thought I'd ever say that!). Only complaint is that there is no floor storage due to the seat layout, however the AVOD was great with a huge screen and the flat seat was very comfortable. Its also an option if travelling with someone else as the NZ and AC pods don't make it easy to converse with a travelling companion (although that may not be something you're bothered about :eek:.

GoldCircle Jan 6, 2009 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Artrocker (Post 11022009)
How bad are the 'wedgie' beds? I remember reading somewhere about a trick that makes the LH ones truly flat. Anyone know what I'm on about or have I made that up?

As I said above - it's very subjective - I like them quite a lot.

As to the trick, YGPM.