Redemption Help: Refund problem

Old Jan 2, 09, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Refund problem

I need some advice from the collective wisdom that is the BMI board.

I recently cancelled a cash and miles award and the refund amount is 82.20 less than the original cost of the ticket.

Now I know there is a 25 charge to cancel so what is the rest? Is this just a mistake?

Who is the best to call for these types of issues? Is the BMI Gold card number or is there some refunds department I should get in touch with?
Old Jan 2, 09, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
Best to call bmi Revenue Services AKA "refund department": 01332 854534

Don't bother with the ICC for this type of issue. Note the hours Revenue Services keep are limited to 09:00-15:30 M-F only.

I have always found the people on this number to be extremely helpful with my refund issues.
Old Jan 2, 09, 4:37 am

Programs: BA, SPG, PC, Hilton, Marriot, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, BMI, Virgin, Hyatt, IC, BAA, AS, AA(both)
As stated call the revenue department.

I had an issue when Swiss had to cancel my flights to Athens (soething to do with a general strike) - the ICC insisted that I had cancelled so the 25.00 deduction was correct.
One three minute conversation with the revenue department and all was sorted.
Old Jan 2, 09, 5:35 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
I've been waiting for a refund for about 3 weeks now on a Cash and Miles ticket. I've called at least 100 times but they are always busy and never answer the phone. I've sent 3 emails. No response yet. Grrrrr...
Old Jan 2, 09, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
E-mails to bmi are a hit a miss affair at best. Use the phone number listed above if you want action!
Old Jan 2, 09, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone I will call the revenue services group and see if I can get it sorted.
Old Jan 2, 09, 9:04 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by rupert_s View Post
E-mails to bmi are a hit a miss affair at best. Use the phone number listed above if you want action!
I am sure they are extremely helpful if you get through, but in my limited experience the phone did not lead to the usual automatic queue system: no answer, so I got cut off. I resorted to emails and a recorded delivery letter, with prompt resolution of my issue.
Old Jan 2, 09, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redshift27 View Post
I am sure they are extremely helpful if you get through, but in my limited experience the phone did not lead to the usual automatic queue system: no answer, so I got cut off. I resorted to emails and a recorded delivery letter, with prompt resolution of my issue.
I just rang and after the queue system the phone was immediately picked up.

Turned out to be user error as the refund was for a different PNR that I had cancelled a few weeks ago and forgotten about.

The refund in question has not yet been processed.

Search this Thread