FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   DC Partner: M+M is coming ? which program you redirecting your miles to? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/904980-m-m-coming-program-you-redirecting-your-miles.html)

sven60035 Jan 1, 2009 8:35 am

M+M is coming ? which program you redirecting your miles to?

Giving that the most of the *A partners FQTV programs are on a calendar year qualification period I wonder if some of you have thoughts of where to deflect too giving that now that LH is taking over and changes to DC are unavoidable.

I have already secured my BD *G for another year and after cashing out just about 250,000 miles left to burn so right now would be the right time for me to bail.

AC seams to be a good alternative giving their resonable earnings on BD but I would like to hear some of your opinions because you folks usualy have such great ideas.

Ideas welcome.

RAPC Jan 1, 2009 12:06 pm

Nowhere at the moment. We don't know anything about any proposed changes to DC, or a change to M&M. If we have a change over to M&M, will we get status transferred over to that program etc?

Up until we get to that stage, I'm working on keeping my DC status for another year.

lhr baby Jan 1, 2009 12:36 pm

If you mean who should you fly with AC is a reasonable choice for getting across the pond but I'll still keep racking up the miles in DC for now. Like RAPC says, its not clear what will happen. *G status is still useful until it expires whatever they do with DC. In the meantime I'll still use BD in Europe when I can. I'll try BA occassionally though rather than only looking for *A flights. My recent trip via ORD to SEA with BA/AA was pretty good.

DELLAS Jan 1, 2009 12:46 pm

I have already renewed for next year and will wait and monitor the situation closely. A contender if and when any changes to DC would be TK Miles and Smiles or AC Aeroplan.

Whatever happens I have heard rumours ( not confirmed ) that the level 38,000 is going to eventually go up quite alot :eek:

Only time will tell. Until then not worth doing anything drastic.

graraps Jan 1, 2009 12:46 pm

I sincerely hope FTers don't get deflected!!

Rambuster Jan 1, 2009 1:42 pm

Went back to LH last year. I still have some 300k to burn though.

sven60035 Jan 1, 2009 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by graraps (Post 10993884)
I sincerely hope FTers don't get deflected!!

Ja.. Never post on the morning after a good drinking night when at the party you spoke too many different languages and you don't even remember who put you on the plane in the morning ;)

RAPC Jan 1, 2009 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 10993882)

Whatever happens I have heard rumours ( not confirmed ) that the level 38,000 is going to eventually go up quite alot :eek:

What would be interesting is how they would manage a change like this when we all have rolling membership years.

Kevincm Jan 1, 2009 2:51 pm

For me, when annoucement made will probably lead me down the road of Asiana (lounge, luggage and *A rights are more important than redemptions)

For now, I'm working to BD*G and will see what is going to happen next year. If Diamond Club stays "as is", then I will remain. If it goes to M+L, then I'll take the status match, and get up to *G on Asiana and sulk off into the sunset, telling those who listen about a brave little british airline that tried before it got Blue and Yellow all over it...

FlyingOnceMore Jan 1, 2009 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC (Post 10994267)
What would be interesting is how they would manage a change like this when we all have rolling membership years.

Just announce a new threshold for all members in their next membership year I suppose, with requalification as normal in the current year.

bcmatt Jan 1, 2009 3:15 pm

You might also want to browse this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...-all-move.html

Personally I am sticking to DC for the moment, but keeping an eye on developments. I wonder if CO will maintain the opportunity to earn status by segment when they eventually join *A?

DELLAS Jan 1, 2009 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Kevincm (Post 10994405)
For me, when annoucement made will probably lead me down the road of Asiana (lounge, luggage and *A rights are more important than redemptions)

Yep totally agree. The Priority tags/Lounges etc.. are more important than redemptions to me . ^

Kevincm Jan 1, 2009 3:45 pm

It doesn't look a bad programme... unless for some bizzare reason you want to redeem a flight :p

But I can wait for now. Any changes... and I'll have to reconsider. At the mo, the next MR is going to BMI. Will have to see what happens after then.....

sven60035 Jan 1, 2009 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 10994629)
Yep totally agree. The Priority tags/Lounges etc.. are more important than redemptions to me . ^

More important than that is that you can use the First counters in the LH imperium which have great seperate security channels and the great Senator Lounges, well beside the crappy ones in Frankfurt or stations outside the imperium.

The time I have saved in Dusseldorf alone because of the fast security is more worth than a holiday flight to Crete or something else with miles.

NoY Jan 1, 2009 7:14 pm

For me it's....Virgin Atlantic :eek: I acquired some nice bonuses through their credit card card a while ago plus I credited my GF flights in F & J to them and ended up with a nice balance of 200k plus and rising, which I will round off at a suitable number to equate to "X" number of redemptions, not on VS metal - for obvious reasons!

I will probably naturally shed my BA satus (Gold) as, typically, my least preferred carrier when paying for flights. Earning miles is fairly easy though, so redemptions are acceptable, especially when they have 50% sales ;)

Do not really care too much about airline status these days as I will always now travel in long haul J or F (paid or redemption) so the shiny cards do not add that much for me or Ms. NoY. Domestic lounge access (and other random occasions) covered through Amex Plat & PP.

If DC remains I will throw my lot in with them again, of course, as it's the best of the best for earning and burning. I fear it will become M & L sooner rather than later so Ms. NoY and I have burned virtually everything now. We'll see...