Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Better for Business Sale (in Economy!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Better for Business Sale (in Economy!)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver BD Silver
Better for Business Sale (in Economy!)

Just found this on the bmi website in the information centre.

I suspect it starts 1st January.

bmi launches better for business sale with great savings to worldwide destinations
bmi has launched its better for business sale with great value fares to destinations in the UK, Europe and the Middle East with connections from regional airports including Edinburgh, Manchester and Glasgow.

With no blackout periods or minimum stay requirements, the bmi better for business sale is ideal for business travellers.

The bmi better for business sale features longhaul offers from Heathrow to destinations including:
- Amman from £399 return
- Cairo from £269 return
- Tel Aviv from £269 return
- Moscow from £185 return
- Riyadh from £368 return

For those looking for a great deal to conduct business closer to home, European offers from London Heathrow:
- Dublin from £57 return
- Brussels from £68 return
- Edinburgh or Glasgow from £64 return

In addition to these great savings, bmi offers a great number of benefits for those travelling on business. These include online check-in and paperless boarding on selected routes. In addition, those travelling on a business class fare can benefit from Heathrow’s fastest check-in at only 30 minutes meaning less time wasted at the airport. In contrast to many of its competitors, bmi is continuing its commitment to key business routes within the UK, whilst other airlines seek to reduce services.

bmi boasts the UK’s most generous frequent flyer programme, Diamond Club, allowing members to earn rewards faster. To save time at the airport, online and self check-in is available. bmi is also trialling a new paperless boarding system across selected routes and in December became the first British airline to trial the OnAir service offering travellers access to text messages and email. bmi’s regional, short haul and European departures now do not include fuel surcharges as part of the airline’s commitment to offering the best value for money for travellers.

ends

notes to editors

Seat sale is for flights booked before 31 January 2009, for travel until 31 October 2009. Visit www.flybmi.com for travel dates and terms and conditions. All fares are return and include taxes and charges. Book online at www.flybmi.com or by calling 0870 60 70 555.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks for the heads-up ^

I'm sure the last "Better for Business" sale they did was in fact for Business class bookings...
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Thanks for the heads up on this.

Keep in mind that most of those economy longhaul fares will earn 0.25 x miles as the ex-LHR routes are lousy on promotions.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Thanks for the heads-up ^

I'm sure the last "Better for Business" sale they did was in fact for Business class bookings...
There's a recession don't you know
Old Jan 2, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
I guess they are loading fares now as LHR-DUB-LHR only has fully flex Y availability (Feb/Mar).
Old Jan 4, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by RAPC
Thanks for the heads up on this.

Keep in mind that most of those economy longhaul fares will earn 0.25 x miles as the ex-LHR routes are lousy on promotions.
Yep, when it comes to longhaul promo fares, bmi is more generous to its FFP members...........if they fly another airline.

After the sale announcement on 29/12/08, a quick check on EF of the routes/fares mentioned shows nothing loaded yet, but then that's no surprise to any of us, is it?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:56 am

For the Irish Market

Dublin to London Heathrow EUR 25.60 One way from Economy

Dublin to London Heathrow EUR 184.60 One way from Business Class

Dublin to Amsterdam EUR 36.60 One way from Economy

Dublin to Brussels EUR 329.60 One way from Business Class

Dublin to Palma Mallorca EUR 37.60 One way from Economy

Dublin to Venice EUR 37.60 One way from Economy

Dublin to Beirut EUR 1861.08 Return Business Class

Dublin to Cairo EUR 413.61 Return Economy

Departures from Dublin - USA

Dublin to Chicago EUR 355.46 Return Economy

Dublin to Los Angeles EUR 405.46 Return Economy

Dublin to Washington EUR 328.46 Return Economy

Dublin to Washington EUR 2257.46 Return Business Class
Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Fares displayed on http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/excl...aspx?link=copy
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:04 am

Nothing too surprising in here, but a few good fares for some destinations.

They are selling the A330 on Cairo, but not on Amman. £779 gets you a business seat on the posh plane

Also, bargains for Las Vegas - fill your boots whilst you can. PE is at the normal Y price range.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:26 am

Earnings are all over the place on this promo. From a quick scan economy sale miles are -

Domestic/European - 25%
Moscow - 50%
Eastern Europe/Middle East - 50-100% (I have no idea. Of the routes I checked, everything is coded Sale (E) )
USA - 100%

Now that's what the pop-ups say, and we know that not always accurate !

and as to the domestic economy fares; on the LHR-BHD route, the sale fares are £1, each way, cheaper than 'standard' 50% earning ones.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:44 am

I also see they've cocked up the website front page, just as they did on the last sale.

Front Page - Moscow £185
Promo Page - Moscow £180 (correct)
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
LHR-DUB 27th Feb £236...

Fares still not loaded!
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Well the sale fares won't be available on all flights so I'm not surprised a DUB flight on a Friday is still expensive...especially on a Six Nations rugby weekend.

As usual, a slightly eccentric 'promotion'. It offers premium economy fares from Heathrow to Los Angeles but of course when you click on the link it takes you to a page where premium economy is missing from the dropdown menu so totally unbookable.

Of the other unexciting fares, Cairo is a good bet. If you travel early on after the aircraft swap (April, May) I suspect it will be very easy to use GUVs to premium economy as they are unlikely to be able to fill the cabin with revenue sales this quickly.

For Edinburgh, £67 rtn in Y and £288 rtn in C is nothing special. I see you can get a oneway Jersey to Heathrow for a remarkable £16 in Y but £36 seems to be the cheapest in the other direction.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For USA offers, it looks like the economy fares are loaded but not the PE or C fares.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 6:00 am

Quite normal I'm afraid. IIRC, one sale last year had PE/C fares advertised (LAS I believe) that were never bookable on flybmi.com. I think a few people, eventually, managed to book them on Travelocity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.