Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Better for Business Sale (in Economy!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Better for Business Sale (in Economy!)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), UA Silver (*A Silver), VS
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster here ;-)

Did anyone who managed to bag one of the PE fares to LAS on the sale FlyingOnceMore was referring to manage to do it ex LHR? Travelocity will chrun out ex MAN but doesn't want to know about LHR (I guess as there is no PE connection on the LHR-MAN leg). Is it worth calling the dreaded ICC?

It's a really nice price and I'd like to have a crack on bmi PE before it goes away from TATL. Also it would have to be decent miles no? Do PE sale fares book into a 1.5 miles bucket?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by Ed Artrocker
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster here ;-)

Did anyone who managed to bag one of the PE fares to LAS on the sale FlyingOnceMore was referring to manage to do it ex LHR? Travelocity will chrun out ex MAN but doesn't want to know about LHR (I guess as there is no PE connection on the LHR-MAN leg). Is it worth calling the dreaded ICC?

It's a really nice price and I'd like to have a crack on bmi PE before it goes away from TATL. Also it would have to be decent miles no? Do PE sale fares book into a 1.5 miles bucket?
Welcome to FT and the BD board!

These sales have been notorioulsly tricky to price up ex-LHR. Sometimes it can take literally weeks for them to load the sale fares correctly. As a rule, BD generally announces a sale and then worries about loading the correct fares some time later!
Old Jan 5, 2009, 9:29 am

Thanks for the welcome irmster

That's what I guessed unfortunately, I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Would these fares be bookable via a travel agent or is it a direct (or even website) only thing?

I did notice on ITA that all of a sudden the prices for BMI codeshares to LAS on United metal have come down to the sale fare price in Economy, Via ORD, IAD and even SFO making them about £40 less than the same flights on United tickets!

I was thinking that if these were ticket-able then that might be a good way to go provided that I could get into E+ on United. Do you if there is any chance of geting put there as a BD *S or am I just dreaming? I know that you can use the Biz check in at LHR T1 with any *S so maybe there is a chance, if not does anyone know how much the upgrade cost is?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Blimey, 'Better for Business' TV ads too.

We are going all posh !
Old Jan 6, 2009, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Well the sale fares won't be available on all flights so I'm not surprised a DUB flight on a Friday is still expensive...especially on a Six Nations rugby weekend.

Seems that you're right, other weekends workout fine. But with sale fare only a £1 less than the economy fare I think I will pay the extra for the lounge access (BD*S) and miles!
Old Jan 6, 2009, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Thanks for the welcome irmster

That's what I guessed unfortunately, I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Would these fares be bookable via a travel agent or is it a direct (or even website) only thing?

I did notice on ITA that all of a sudden the prices for BMI codeshares to LAS on United metal have come down to the sale fare price in Economy, Via ORD, IAD and even SFO making them about £40 less than the same flights on United tickets!

I was thinking that if these were ticket-able then that might be a good way to go provided that I could get into E+ on United. Do you if there is any chance of geting put there as a BD *S or am I just dreaming? I know that you can use the Biz check in at LHR T1 with any *S so maybe there is a chance, if not does anyone know how much the upgrade cost is?
Don't know about the second but the sale fares are loaded into Opodo might be worth checking - and using their current £20 off allowing for the £4.50 booking fee would bring the cost down even more.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 1:06 pm

Thanks E14, tried it but still no dice unfortunately. Does anyone know what fare codes are used for PE on BD? I might try to see if ITA will load the fare then try to get my travel agent to book it.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 1:38 pm

bmi FAQ no.6
Old Jan 6, 2009, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks E14, tried it but still no dice unfortunately. Does anyone know what fare codes are used for PE on BD? I might try to see if ITA will load the fare then try to get my travel agent to book it.
As far as I can see, for LAS, they are loaded ex-MAN but not ex-LHR.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 2:07 pm

Yup that seems to be the issue, I've manged to get ITA to route it in U but it prices up at £890. Rubbish really, why advertise something that you can't book...
Old Jan 7, 2009, 3:50 am

Programs: BD*G + A3*G
SALE FARES - PE LAS now loaded

Well the PE Fares Man/Las are now loaded on flybmi so anyone wanting a cheap PE Jaunt before it ends - fill your boots,

£541 or £556 inc Fees and taxes and whatever else they could make up
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:14 am

Still nothing from LHR though
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Still nothing from LHR though
Quite right too. You may have stolen our planes, but you're not having the last of our seats
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
........you're not having the last of our seats
even if it's a broken one underneath an overhead bin that won't open ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.