FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Redemption Help: Strange Happenings with redemption ticket numbers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/903742-strange-happenings-redemption-ticket-numbers.html)

BHDBOY Dec 28, 2008 1:36 pm

Strange Happenings with redemption ticket numbers

May I pick your collective brain on this one

I was playing about on this site, the SAS Australia website Amadeus tool.

https://wftc3.e-travel.com/plnext/SA...&SITE=CAPVCAPV

with a future redemption DUB-FRA-SEA-PHX-FLG (FLG is Flagstaff, Arizona before you all rush to look up the IATA airport code directory) with DUB-FRA-SEA LH J and SEA-PHX-FLG in US F and Y.

The US legs had been slightly retimed a few weeks ago (approx 45 mins) for both legs but also significantly each got new flight numbers. What appeared in the CMT record was basically

US OLD FLIGHT NUMBER UNABLE TO CONFIRM, DOES NOT OPERATE

US NEW FLIGHT NUMBER (AND SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT TIME) CONFIRMED

Those who have played about with the above SAS Australia website may know that it provides significantly more functionality than CMT, and tonight it offered me the option to acknowlege changes to the itinerary, so I clicked 'Acknowlege Changes.'

What has happened is the ticket numbers which previously read DUBLIN-FLAGSTAFF now just read DUBLIN-SEATTLE. However the itinerary the whole way to FLG still appears. At no point have I spoken to bmi about this booking since it was made, I assume all changes have been made unilaterally by US.

What do you think has happened here?

A) There was some balls up with the rebooking by US and the tickets also need re-issuing by bmi.
B) I have inadvertently cancelled half of the flights for my holiday.
C) Something else.

I will of course be speaking to BD over the next day or two on this matter, but perhaps I could have your thoughts in the intervening period.

Jetstreamer Dec 28, 2008 1:56 pm

Sounds like a ticketing issue and you will need to call bmi to re-issue the ticket for the new itin.

DELLAS Dec 28, 2008 4:23 pm

Everytime there is a change on a flight time or flight number ALL Electronic tickets need to be ''revalidated'' ( Where carrier allows it ) or ''re issued'' ( where the carrier does not allow it ).

Otherwise you get to check in and you have no valid ticket !! Call BMI asap.

BHDBOY Dec 28, 2008 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 10974734)
Everytime there is a change on a flight time or flight number ALL Electronic tickets need to be ''revalidated'' ( Where carrier allows it ) or ''re issued'' ( where the carrier does not allow it ).

Otherwise you get to check in and you have no valid ticket !! Call BMI asap.

Are you saying in effect that when the change of time/flight num occurred on both my US legs, then the existing e-ticket continued to be valid only for the OLD flight numbers and not the NEW? If this is indeed the case, then I've been booked but not ticketed on the NEW flight numbers for weeks!

Surely US should have prodded BD about this? Maybe they did and from the look of things nothing was done?

Airframe Dec 28, 2008 5:17 pm

I had this happen on a couple of award bookings to the USA where USAirways changed the schedule including flight times and different flight no.s numerous times.

CMT showed the changes and new flights in the itinerary but the ticket no. remained and the route lost the final leg (changed sector) each time.
eg LHR-ORD-PHX would show as LHR-ORD only.

When bmi got round to issuing a new ticket then a new ticket no. and the full route showed up again.

I would call the ICC and tell them you are aware of the schedule changes to your itinerary and you would like the new e-tix issued asap.
Persist if they try to fob you off that new ticket is not required as I was told this on at least two occasions !

Airframe Dec 28, 2008 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by BHDBOY (Post 10974886)
Are you saying in effect that when the change of time/flight num occurred on both my US legs, then the existing e-ticket continued to be valid only for the OLD flight numbers and not the NEW? If this is indeed the case, then I've been booked but not ticketed on the NEW flight numbers for weeks!

Surely US should have prodded BD about this? Maybe they did and from the look of things nothing was done?

BD would be aware of this change and the need to re-issue the etix for the changed itinerary. Depending on the promixity of your flights then they may have just not got round to re-issuing the tix yet and you may be in the infamous ticketing queue.

I would call them up and request the etix is re-issued for the new flights.

DELLAS Dec 29, 2008 6:33 am

Originally Posted by BHDBOY (Post 10974886)

I had flights with US Airways last year and BMI go the changes in their system and never contacted me. The flight time change meant that I missed my onward connection but still nothing had been done with the booking. I ended up getting booked into full F class as redemption class was not available so BMI paid dearly for that mistake.

BHDBOY Dec 30, 2008 6:24 am

Sorted! A rather exasperated but none the less workman-like ICC agent passed this matter on to ticketing. Re-issue completed within 24 hours.

DELLAS Dec 30, 2008 8:53 am

Originally Posted by BHDBOY (Post 10982173)
Sorted! A rather exasperated but none the less workman-like ICC agent passed this matter on to ticketing. Re-issue completed within 24 hours.

Good job. I would keep an eye on it though just in case of anymore changes. Its not unheard of . ^:)